Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 22856 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Fill my Lakes
« on: August 28, 2019, 10:13 PM »
Ok all our smart people.....this storm definitely hit Roosevelt, Bartlett, and even San Carlos.....how much made it to the lakes?
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 09:55 AM »
Very, very little. The storm rolled through the valley and not the mountains, so all the water is draining below the lake chains.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 05:55 PM »
Yesterday's storm isn't doing much, but this storm going on near the Verde Valley might help Horseshoe and Bartlett quite a bit!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 06:09 PM »
huge increase, Verde river went from 48cfs to 65cfs going into Horseshoe, so dry out rain all absorbed by the dry ground. Monsoons very seldom make much of a difference unless you talk about inches of rain quickly
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2019, 06:12 PM »
I don't think the rain from this storm will make its way to Horseshoe for a few hours. Based on how red and centralized it is, it's coming down really hard and fast. Won't be much, but it's better than what we've had.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2019, 07:18 AM »
We've had some good rain this week at my place in Payson.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 08:07 PM »
😀

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2019, 06:06 AM »
Strange showed big storms near Alamo but the rivers are doing nothing either is the Verde or salt, Tonto creek came up some but falling back off, Agua fria peaked out at 6,000cfs but already back down to 100 or so with the rain in some areas I got 1.85" in north valley not much is running off yet :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2019, 09:59 AM »
I just checked it out and it's weird. SRP is only reporting Tonto Creek at Rosey as being massively above normal water flow (3700% more than average). I was expecting the Verde River at Tangle to be high, but it's actually lower than the daily norm. I wonder if the storm just missed those mountain ranges or if the water flow hasn't made it that far yet. It's really strange!

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2019, 12:32 PM »
Seeing all the FB posts of the massive waterfalls into Canyon and Sag...and the trajectory of the storm I can’t imagine it missing Roosevelt and NE of it. Fill my Lakes.

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal