Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 22844 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2019, 04:51 PM »
I just checked it out and it's weird. SRP is only reporting Tonto Creek at Rosey as being massively above normal water flow (3700% more than average). I was expecting the Verde River at Tangle to be high, but it's actually lower than the daily norm. I wonder if the storm just missed those mountain ranges or if the water flow hasn't made it that far yet. It's really strange!

3700% not a surprise normally this time of year it is 0%

SRP had to release from granite reef due to large runoff in the lower salt lakes caused by the big fire up there this summer (g and f is worried about all the slurry and ash going into those lakes :dontknow: :()
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 04:54 PM »
I saw the Salt River was flowing a little through Phoenix at lunch today, so you know the salt chain of lakes got some good runoff.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2019, 08:32 PM »
Bump.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2019, 08:55 PM »
Well... I still don't know how to figure out how much water is coming into San Carlos, but it looks like Bartlett has gone up 1.5 feet since yesterday while Horseshoe has still dropped almost a foot. That tells me they're releasing from both lakes.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2019, 07:03 AM »
Well... I still don't know how to figure out how much water is coming into San Carlos, but it looks like Bartlett has gone up 1.5 feet since yesterday while Horseshoe has still dropped almost a foot. That tells me they're releasing from both lakes.

SRP switched releases, I think to lower Canyon and Saguaro lake for the anticipated runoff from this storm so they are releasing from saguaro now more than Bartlett and bigger releases from horseshoe so Bartlett for now is coming up some but I am sure will be cold and muddy :crybaby2:.  Strange the flows in the Verde above horseshoe not that much or the agua fria going into pleasant and they have had 3+" of rain up in the foothils :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2019, 07:22 AM »
Well... I still don't know how to figure out how much water is coming into San Carlos
The San Carlos page is a mess designed in 1993 but I'm sure there's a way to view input water somewhere.  I tend to just glance at it a few days after a storm to see if it went up.

https://nwis.waterdata.usgs.gov/az/nwis/uv?cb_all_=on&cb_00054=on&cb_00065=on&cb_00065=on&format=gif_default&site_no=09469000&period=730&begin_date=&end_date=

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2019, 07:42 AM »
Its been raining up here for 2 days now. Some of the rain is running but most is soaking in. No snow in Payson.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2019, 10:42 AM »
Strange the flows in the Verde above horseshoe not that much or the agua fria going into pleasant and they have had 3+" of rain up in the foothils :dontknow:

I didn't check out the Agua Fria, but I did check out Tangle on the Verde River was shocked to see the flow so low considering how much rain we got. It's strange. Hopefully we get another nice storm or two roll through in the next 24 hours.

The San Carlos page is a mess designed in 1993 but I'm sure there's a way to view input water somewhere.  I tend to just glance at it a few days after a storm to see if it went up.

Yeah, I've looked at that page before, but it's so bad that I don't like to even reference it. I tried looking at the feeder rivers water flow and that was hard to understand.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2019, 04:00 PM »
Tonto creek is only 454cfs after all the rain in payson, salt river running a little more but still not much from verde side or agua fria? guess we were real dry and the rain must of come down more as a drizzle than like 2" in an hour.

Matt that USGS site is the only place I have found for flows into Carlos both going in and out of the lake plus a vague lake level. It shows both the Gila river and the San Carlos river (which at times can rock and roll from run off).

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2019, 05:46 AM »
looking at river flows absolutely nothing going into Alamo :crybaby2: Bartlett has come up 2' since the storm started but might be due to reduced releases from the lake and bigger releases from horseshoe :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal