Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 24026 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2023, 10:30 AM »
It's awesome to see how much everything has filled, but I hate seeing it all go through TTL and down to the Gila. Does anyone know if we have any water reclamation locations that would help fill our aquifers once it gets past TTL?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2023, 03:34 PM »
only thing that comes close to that is Painted Rock Dam down northwest of Gila Bend can hold the same amount of water as Roosevelt but CORE will release is gradually down the Gila to Yuma, with Pleasant so low this year wish there was a way for them to take some of that water flowing to Mexico from the salt and gila river and move it to Pleasant :'(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2023, 03:41 PM »
only thing that comes close to that is Painted Rock Dam down northwest of Gila Bend can hold the same amount of water as Roosevelt but CORE will release is gradually down the Gila to Yuma, with Pleasant so low this year wish there was a way for them to take some of that water flowing to Mexico from the salt and gila river and move it to Pleasant :'(

We don't want to connect Pleasant with the Salt, then those salt chain lakes run the risk of striper pollution! Isn't Pleasant 17' over full pool right now?

Also, there's big discussion about raising the Bartlett dam 90 more feet, that would be pretty cool if they do that. I sounds like it's going to happen, just several years down the road.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2023, 03:45 PM »
CAP water is put in the salt river canals below any of the lakes and only in the Arizona canal so not an issue with stripers would be nice to flow water from salt to Pleasant since Gizzard shad are already in all of them or put salt river water into CAP from granite reef dam down to Tuscon so not so much water would be released from Pleasant :dontknow:. Pleasant full pool is 1702 and it is 15' lower than normal this time of year they have not pumped any water into it till recently only good thing is the river running into the lake is flowing 18,000cfs for now so that is bringing pleasant up some now
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2023, 03:49 PM »
I thought 1702 was the full pool (hence the sign up The River), but the water level websites I was checking out said full pool was only 1660. Someone updated the website incorrectly

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2023, 05:41 PM »
Show Low Lake and Lake Mary spilling over

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2023, 06:39 PM »
I use that same link you have for lake powell, I meant 179ft until full pool. Its got a bit more to go than the others but good snowpack in the lower elevations of CO river basin means it should come up alot. Maybe 80ft if normal April weather happens Rich was telling me. He may have got that info off wayneswords but will have to check. 
My bad I got the lake Plez info wrong. Saw it here, http://pleasant.lakesonline.com/Level/
Should have used the link you had.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2023, 08:17 PM »
I thought 1702 was the full pool (hence the sign up The River), but the water level websites I was checking out said full pool was only 1660. Someone updated the website incorrectly

That website has had the full pool wrong for years normally they pump water up to like 1694 they leave the rest for flood water if it happens

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2023, 08:43 PM »
I think I should get an award for the longest running topic thread in the history of the web page.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2023, 06:19 AM »
I think I should get an award for the longest running topic thread in the history of the web page.

:c029: :singing:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal