Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 23843 times)

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2023, 12:42 PM »
Bring on the Blue Cooler thread........you guys remember that one from AZBZ? I bet MAC does. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2023, 03:56 PM »
Oh yes did that get big over nothing ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: March 26, 2023, 08:40 AM »
Why isn't Alamo lake going down?

Offline Bob

« Reply #123 on: March 27, 2023, 03:12 PM »
"Why isn't Alamo lake going down?"

Currently they are releasing 794 cubic feet per second from Alamo and since the level is not dropping my guess is there is a whole lot of guys peeing off the side of their boats...  Or the river that feeds it is still running at about the same rate as the dam's outflow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:16 PM by Bob »

Offline Bob

« Reply #124 on: March 27, 2023, 03:25 PM »
I think I should get an award for the longest running topic thread in the history of the web page.

For Pleasant I go directly to the source for pumping and releasing.  Currently they are releasing it for power generation.  https://www.cap-az.com/water/cap-system/water-operations/lake-pleasant/
« Last Edit: March 27, 2023, 03:27 PM by Bob »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2023, 05:17 PM »
Why isn't Alamo lake going down?

The CORE set up a release plan and followed it up to 6000cfs release from Alamo but only for two days (looks a lot like the riparian flush) they did back in 2018, then we had the big storm last week lake came up 8' so now only ramp useable at Alamo is the high water ramp with no dock the other two ramps including the parking lots are under water. The CORE is coming up with a plan B to release water from Alamo but has to be careful when they did the 6000cfs releases it sent muddy fire debris water into Havasu which caused the CAP to stop pumping water that is why you see releases from Pleasant instead of them normally pumping into the lake. They should start pumping into Pleasant mid week but as far as how CORE is going to drop Alamo without screwing up the CAP is yet to be seen (going to be interesting) and probably not good for the spawn of either crappie or bass :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2024, 08:13 PM »
Some major flows happening everywhere and expect them to grow over the next few days, we should have a full lake at every one of our major Crappie destinations with back up water in Horseshoe.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal