Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 24077 times)

Offline Bob

Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2020, 06:46 PM »
Park ranger at Alamo says they will start releasing water from the lake Monday morning, be interesting how much how fast to bring it back to flood control full pool :dontknow:

The dude probably had the sniffles and cannot release the water from his home on LA.  LOL  No increased released yet...

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Word is they will start releasing 500 CFS starting tomorrow afternoon
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2020, 06:15 PM »
It has started at Alamo and they may increase to 1000cfs

SRP just increased flows out of horseshoe to 1950cfs and little going out of Bartlett so it is going to fill faster now
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2020, 05:02 PM »
Roosevelt at 91% wow.  San Carlos at last year's level. Alamo lake website has security certificate warning not sure why so I don't check that site.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2020, 06:22 PM »
Alamo is 6' over full pool right now, so they're over 100%! Every time I hear of Alamo being over 100% I think about the time when it was so full, you could fish the ramadas.  :headbang:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2020, 08:04 PM »
Matt word is they don't want to increase flows out of Alamo if they don't have to because of the muddy water into Havasu, heck the lake came up another foot+ today even with the releases. Buddy came home early by two days from bass fishing as it was terrible and the lake is now complete mud and will probably stay that way for a month as they pull water from the lake.

Bartlett if they keep the releases up from horseshoe should fill to 100% probably by tomorrow or the next day.

Offline ffp1711

« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2020, 08:10 PM »
Buddy came home early by two days from bass fishing as it was terrible and the lake is now complete mud and will probably stay that way for a month as they pull water from the lake.

Bruce, was this Alamo or Havasu that your buddy fished?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2020, 04:01 PM »
It was Alamo, he came home early as the entire lake went mud when they started releasing water then it got another shot of water the last two days, plus cholla ramp is closed for the foreseeable future.

Bartlett and horseshoe are basically full they have started releasing water from Bartlett to flow down the salt river through the valley, probably bring the muddy water all the way down lake now :crybaby2:

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #58 on: March 30, 2020, 12:20 PM »
Just checked out the water levels on the "Big 8" desert lakes, and all of them are over 95% full.

The lowest is Lake Pleasant at 95.5%
Alamo is the one most full, sitting approximately at 110% full.

Obviously Roosevelt holds the most water, but it's at 97% full.

Horseshoe is at 99% and Bartlett is at 100%. Not sure what to expect with water release there because water is still coming into Horseshoe twice as fast as it usually does this time of year.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2020, 04:13 PM »
Actually Alamo at 99% is just the full pool level for releases that lake can hold a whole bunch more water to be a true 100%

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal