Author Topic: Fill my Lakes  (Read 22871 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Fill my Lakes
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2020, 04:00 PM »
Glass is going to over flow I am afraid, rumor has it SRP anticipates the lakes will fill and spill and they will be sending water down the salt to Mexico some time this week toward the weekend? they have already increased flows out of horseshoe lake
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2020, 03:05 PM »
rivers are flowing big time, verde, agua fria santa maria etc. all the lakes are coming up, don't think the big water has hit alamo yet
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Bob

« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Big cell approaching Alamo right now from the west.  Could easily take it up to conservation pool but since contractor still hasn't done chit we can bet on them dumping it all down the drain again.  Sure would be nice of them to leave the water until the contractor has actually mobilized and is ready to work.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 05:44 AM »
10,000cfs heading down the the 3 feeder rivers going into Alamo (correction 25,000cfs is now coming down Burro creek) and I am thinking the river bottom is still saturated could be interesting, Agua Fria running at 17,200cfs and big flow in the Verde, Tonto and Salt going to be muddy mess for a while I am sure they will dump horseshoe lake now any day.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 06:29 AM by Fishless »

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2020, 08:50 AM »
 In Sun City 2.5 inches in the Rain gauge since Monday , I think it is going to be a great spawn in AZ

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2020, 04:52 PM »
Alamo up 4' today getting near trigger point where the CORE is required to release water for flood control, SRP dumping horseshoe lake into Bartlett so it will fill within a few days with cold muddy water, no releases from Bartlett, Rosy getting lots of water from both ends. I just had a huge thunderstorm come through 1.03" of rain and hail in about 20 mins I am just at 3" for this storm since it started and another colder storm next week.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Alamo up over 8' since yesterday and still rising :o, thought is they may start releasing water Monday (under the flood control guide lines) and it is several feet over full pool right now

Offline Bob

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Remember that the Corp cares nothing about the fishing or recreational use of the lake.  They will likely do the worst thing possible for users and wait until the spawn to suddenly drop it.

Offline Bob

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2020, 06:41 AM »
Woke up to 5575 cfs releasing from Horseshoe.  Bartlett is going to fill very fast now.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2020, 07:31 AM »
Park ranger at Alamo says they will start releasing water from the lake Monday morning, be interesting how much how fast to bring it back to flood control full pool :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal