Author Topic: Anyone ordered anything online from Northland Marine?  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Anyone ordered anything online from Northland Marine?
« on: September 08, 2019, 05:27 PM »
My Terrova drive motor is starting to grind and the bearings/bushings are getting loose been rode hard and put away wet ;D . I was out at Martin marine several months ago buying a small part for it and I asked Ernie the TM guru out there and he said you will not be re-building that unit only one part you can safely replace. Anyway Northland Marine as the entire drive assembly at a really good price plus shipping, they show A+ with BBB just wondering if anyone has ordered from them and if the experience was good?

Thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Anyone ordered anything online from Northland Marine?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2019, 10:39 PM »
Bruce - Yes, I've used them a number of times for replacement parts including the circuit board for my old Powerdrive V2 TM.  I love their parts diagrams and had the part(s) I needed in stock.  Replaced my steering drive assy not too long ago also. 

They do make rebuild kits plus the gears are available for purchase.  But in my opinion, by the time you buy the parts along with possible shipping charges not to mention what your time is worth to tear it apart & rebuild it - might be better off just buying the assembly.  That's what i did.

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Anyone ordered anything online from Northland Marine?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Thanks Larry, The price they have right now for a drive assembly is real decent even with shipping just wanted to confirm they were a good company. I still have my first drive unit from several years ago that wore out and thought about maybe trying to re-build it but after talking to Ernie at Martin marine I decided against it. Figured that guy has forgotten more about TM than I will ever know and he said (don't do it). I will order up a new unit today.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal