Author Topic: Alamo 10/05/19  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Bob

Alamo 10/05/19
« on: October 04, 2019, 04:02 PM »
We are fishing Alamo tomorrow but trying a different tactic mostly.  Minnows from the local source suck badly right now.  The kid tasked with giving me 6 dozen clearly could not count well and hand selected the floaters since they were easy to catch for him.  Over 2 dozen are already Tits up and I take great care of my bait.   

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Alamo 10/05/19
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2019, 05:01 PM »
That sucks. I'm gonna hit up BPS for lunch on Friday to get some minnows.

Based on your pix in the FB group, it looks like you had a pretty nice day/night.

Offline Bob

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2019, 06:54 PM »
Almost all minnows from cabella's were dead this morning and I take VERY good care of my bait.  Between the cash register and my truck at least a dozen were belly up.  They go on O2 as soon as in the truck and once home a fresh water change being careful to match the water temp.  This morning very few still swimming and yet another water change.  Delayed our arrival to the lake in order to hit the store for more.  Very nice guy manning the store just hanging an "out of minnows" sign.  We bought a few things and he gave us the very last still kicking or moving in the tank.  The local minnow situation is horrible really.  We ended up not using a single minnow today, had to change tactics and try something new.  It worked VERY well.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 06:58 PM by Bob »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Interesting... Sucks they died because it's a waste of money, but great you were able to get the good day regardless.
You always seem to find them though. Haha

Because of the time I'll be heading up next week, I have to stick to BPS. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers they're better than Cabs.

We're fishing with that other guy from the FB group that had his cooler overflow or was he just another guy that had a great day?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 04:59 PM »
Hey Bob, Looks like your minnow issue was a statewide problem. I called around today and found out that the main supplier of minnows received a bad batch and nearly all the stores around the state had their minnows all die within days.

Looks like a lot of the stores have no idea when they'll be getting a new shipment either.

Offline Bob

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:38 PM »
I suspected that from my sources.  Maybe I should fish this tourney solo even with my Uber high drive puppy wanting to dive off the boat and chase birds?

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2019, 05:48 PM »
Maybe you can teach him how to catch minnows and shad instead of birds! haha

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal