Author Topic: sc 3-4  (Read 5588 times)

Piscolli

sc 3-4
« on: March 04, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Tough day. Slow and windy. Only 2 crappie. Cousin Larry had 4when we saw him. Rats had 2 same for Bruce. Leroy had 9

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: sc 3-4
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Tough day for all... any ideas on why it was so slow?

On the bright side, you did catch 2! :)

Offline USMC79

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 05:52 PM »
So that road back to Mojave is pretty ugly?  Washboards?  I'm surprised they were biting like mad today but Bill mentioned it was windy. that sucks.  I'm wondering if I want to drive that friggan road all the way back there.  Man I hope they don't have lockjaw again tomorrow.  Not supposed to be much wind.......

Offline USMC79

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 05:53 PM »
Meant to say "not biting like mad".    I was hoping it would be wide open by now with this steady week of weather....

Offline kc troller

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 05:56 PM »
What time did you start fishing today Bill?  Wife and I are going to leave real early in the morning and give it a try.

Piscolli

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 06:35 PM »

I can't figure it out. A week of good weather and no moon. I thought for sure it would be on fire. So did many others, there were maybe 100 boats out. We didn't start till 9. Got windy around noon.

Piscolli

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 07:20 PM »
So that road back to Mojave is pretty ugly?  Washboards?  I'm surprised they were biting like mad today but Bill mentioned it was windy. that sucks.  I'm wondering if I want to drive that friggan road all the way back there.  Man I hope they don't have lockjaw again tomorrow.  Not supposed to be much wind.......

Lots of people launched from there today. At least a dozen There were trucks and RVs.

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 07:45 PM »
Yes, tough day for all it seems like.  Sparkchaser & I started strong with 3 quick fish.  Then the drought happened......  Wind started blowing around 11am & didn't really stop.  Calmed down for a bit here and there, but we had enough.  Picked up 2 additional fish and that was it for us.  Off the water at 1:45pm bringing home 5 nice Crappie for Dave's fish fry.

If anybody happens across a pair of eyeglass in the mid lake area, please return them to the PO'ed owner!!  Yep, dam things didn't move all day except for that one time when they vacated the space they were using on the dash & went flying between both Dave and I as we headed for the ramp.  How do you spell ker plunk... :violent1:

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 06:27 AM »
It is a very simple question to answer as why it was so slow at San Carlos, you guys don't know much about crappie fishing, the reason it was so slow is

THAT I WENT YESTERDAY >:( :wtf:

used to fish and hunt it a lot but had not in years, been two times once last year and then this year, and the wind blew like hell yesterday :wtf: I asked Billy how often it is a pain, he said Bruce been going 5-6 times every spring and the two times the wind has been a pain in the ass is last year when you went and today :violent-smiley-007:

thanks Billy for letting me tag along, still a fun day on a lake with good people and a lake that reminds me of when we fished mexico lakes nothing there but a ramp and dirt lot and it was packed :o seen flotillas at roosevelt but WOW!! the flotilla at SC looked like the normandy invasion :o. God two wrecks on the way home on the 60 out in Gold canyon only sat there 45 mins mins with Piscolli then a wreck on westbound 202 at 32nd st with lanes closed, by the time I got home you would of thought we went to lake powell on a one day trip :3some:.  

and I know Circle K in Globe is now one of Billy's favorite places to stop and get his permit ;D oh wait, they decided to quit selling permits so they could stock their liquor shipment that had come in, needless to say Billy's blood pressure went up just a little bit :o

don't stop at that circle K they are absolute (idiots) with incredible bad attitudes I just got my permit before they decided to stop selling them, right when Bill got there, last year when I went the employees were fighting and bitching about selling permits, flew down to Bashas store 50 yds before the turnoff and Bill and his group were in and out in no time with a very pleasant person at the customer service counter, of course I needed ice and their freezers were broken but heck didn't need it threw back what few fish we caught.

dang weather again this next week with WIND monday and possible showers tuesday, was going to hit alamo but will wait now
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 06:34 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 07:26 AM »
did you see Art's post on the zone, (he did not catch one crappie this week at roosevelt)

what the heck is going on :wtf:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal