Author Topic: No Minnows Anywhere!!!!!  (Read 2538 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
No Minnows Anywhere!!!!!
« on: October 07, 2019, 04:54 PM »
Since I've been hearing a lot about minnows from here and there saying some places don't have them and others do, I decided to call the 4 main places I go to for my minnows for an updates...

• BPS: No minnows in stock and have no idea when they'll be getting their next shipment
  • Cabela's: VERY LIMITED STOCK (I suggest you avoid these), with shipment planned for Thursday. (Call to make sure)
  • Wild Horse West: No minnows in stock and have no idea when they're getting their next shipment
  • Alamo Lake: No minnows in stock and no idea when they'll be getting their next shipment
  • Liar's Korner: (This was from Sparkchaser)Limited supply on stock, expects shipment sometime on Friday

So.... this is awesome. Based on the conversation I was able to engage with Cabela's and the Alamo Lake store, the supplier of AZ (and parts of NV) received a bad shipment, so nearly every retailer received a bad batch and their stock died out. Alamo said they had 3000 on hand, and 2 days later they were all dead. Cabela's was the most forthcoming with information and let me know that they had a cleaner come in today and completely clean out their minnow tank, so whatever was wrong with this batch won't affect any new ones that come in. That's really proactive of them, and I was glad to hear it.

Bottom line... if you plan on fishing with minnows, CALL, CALL, CALL to find out where to get them as the week progresses.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2019, 10:21 AM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Bob

Re: No Minnows Anywhere!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 05:51 PM »
they all come from the same place and this time of the year that supplier always has a lessor grade.  This year its vastly worse.  Change it up like we did Saturday, the fish are on the chew.

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 02:13 PM »
Wild horse has minnows. I was just there. They look good too!

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 03:25 PM »
Dave text me and said that the Alamo Lake store received 5000 minnows today.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2019, 03:20 PM »
Hit up Bass Pro for lunch and got 5 dozen, healthy looking minnows.
Called them before I went out there and they told me they did a full system cleaning of their minnow tank top, so they should be good!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2019, 04:20 PM »
minnow, minnows who needs minnows :bootyshake:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2019, 04:24 PM »
minnow, minnows who needs minnows :bootyshake:

People who like their bait to do the moving instead.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal