Since I've been hearing a lot about minnows from here and there saying some places don't have them and others do, I decided to call the 4 main places I go to for my minnows for an updates...
- BPS: No minnows in stock and have no idea when they'll be getting their next shipment
- Cabela's: VERY LIMITED STOCK (I suggest you avoid these), with shipment planned for Thursday. (Call to make sure)
- Wild Horse West: No minnows in stock and have no idea when they're getting their next shipment
- Alamo Lake: No minnows in stock and no idea when they'll be getting their next shipment
- Liar's Korner: (This was from Sparkchaser)Limited supply on stock, expects shipment sometime on Friday
So.... this is awesome. Based on the conversation I was able to engage with Cabela's and the Alamo Lake store, the supplier of AZ (and parts of NV) received a bad shipment, so nearly every retailer received a bad batch and their stock died out. Alamo said they had 3000 on hand, and 2 days later they were all dead. Cabela's was the most forthcoming with information and let me know that they had a cleaner come in today and completely clean out their minnow tank, so whatever was wrong with this batch won't affect any new ones that come in. That's really proactive of them, and I was glad to hear it.
Bottom line... if you plan on fishing with minnows, CALL, CALL, CALL to find out where to get them as the week progresses.