Author Topic: Alamo 24 Oct 2019  (Read 1961 times)

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Alamo 24 Oct 2019
« on: October 24, 2019, 05:20 PM »
Hit up Alamo this morning and boy was it windy from the get go.  I should have known when it was windy driving through Wenden.  Launched at Cholla and got on the lake at 0730 and was off by 0815.  In that 45 minutes I managed to catch one Crappie and took quite a few waves over the bow trying to troll into the wind.  The dock was a rockin and a rollin when I went to recover so I beached the boat in the cove on the dam side of the dock where the wind was blocked by the ramp.  Luckily I got the boat on the trailer the first try.  Live to fish another day!!!!

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Alamo 24 Oct 2019
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 06:01 PM »
Geez rough trip.... well at least ya caught one.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 08:08 AM »
For a small lake it can get nasty. Since 90+% of the time it is that evil southwest wind I launch from the main ramp (when it is in the water) it is much more protected from the wind. Glad you got off the lake safe.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2019, 07:59 PM »
For a small lake it can get nasty. Since 90+% of the time it is that evil southwest wind I launch from the main ramp (when it is in the water) it is much more protected from the wind. Glad you got off the lake safe.

Bruce, wasn't sure when that ramp was gonna be closed.  Lack of reading your other post on my part and not knowing when it will be closed.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 05:44 PM »
Stand by Mac, I am sure it will change again, almost have to call the store the day before and ask when things will close at the main ramp
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 09:45 AM »
Game and Fish changed the closure date to Nov 30 until "mid Dec". They'll probably change it again. They post it on their FB page and then I usually share it through out FB page.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 04:34 PM »
Game and Fish changed the closure date to Nov 30 until "mid Dec". They'll probably change it again. They post it on their FB page and then I usually share it through out FB page.

Ya they are just reporting what the CORE does or does not do, I have a terrible feeling we are going to have another dump of the lake again as this fire drill continues :dontknow:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal