Author Topic: Boatless and need help fishing San Carlos  (Read 2620 times)

Offline fishon

Boatless and need help fishing San Carlos
« on: March 06, 2011, 04:55 AM »
I'm new to the area and do not have a boat but sure would like to catch some fish at San Carlos.  Can anyone help me figure out where to fish from the shore and catch some crappie?

Thanks

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Boatless and need help fishing San Carlos
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 04:58 AM »
Mohave point, you can see it from down lake, vehicles parked on it, goes out half way across the lake, there were people fishing off shore there and you can walk down or up lake from there (watch out for snakes) with this warm weather they will be on the move. There are numerous places on that north shore from soda canyon (the main ramp and paved road) where you can drive by vehicle down to the lake (would not use a car) as it is quite wash board and tore up but you can fish a lot of shoreline with coves etc. where the crappie should be moving up before long to spawn. almost should plan to take a gps with you no roads are marked and get there early and scout areas by vehicle then decide on where you want to start fishing and then move around from there (there are areas where I saw motorhomes and trucks with campers on them) so some of the roads are obviously better for driving (use goggle earth and you can see lots of the roads and points coves etc.)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal