Author Topic: Nov 2 2019 Bartlett Trip  (Read 3339 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: Nov 2 2019 Bartlett Trip
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2019, 10:51 AM »
Craig....about 1/2 of the 15 total fish caught were the Black Nose ones. All fish caught today were safely released and 2 of the black nose ones were easily already over a pound. Very excited for the future of this fishery and awsome to see the benefits provided by all the hard work of the AZGF and our AZCA members is the stocking and habitat work.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2019, 02:14 PM »
I Checked it was March 6th when we put them in.

Re: Might need help stocking crappie at Bartlett next week?

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 11:36 AM »

Bartlett is now done and the Hatchery truck on its way to Roosie . Mountainman and I Dumped the little buggers in the back of some of our favorite coves . Not sure how many got into Bartlett I think the lions share are headed for Roosie but it sure felt good to watch the DI screen Light up with them as we dumped them in
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 03:26 PM by cousinlll »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2019, 05:38 PM »
I Checked it was March 6th when we put them in.

Re: Might need help stocking crappie at Bartlett next week?

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2019, 11:36 AM »

Bartlett is now done and the Hatchery truck on its way to Roosie . Mountainman and I Dumped the little buggers in the back of some of our favorite coves . Not sure how many got into Bartlett I think the lions share are headed for Roosie but it sure felt good to watch the DI screen Light up with them as we dumped them in

All the crappie we stocked down lake were 3-4" at best no 10", been told no money $$ for more to be stocked next year.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2019, 09:33 PM »
The guys who loaded our barrels stated they were a mix 3-10 inch fish I did not measure them but did witness some larger fish going in , in any case it has been 8 months since then I wonder if any one has actual growth rate figures for our AZ lakes. Were you on the DNR boat I do not remember seeing you there .   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2019, 05:53 AM »
I will be with g and f today I will ask about the growth rate, someone had told me years ago but I forget, we have a LONG growing season due to our weather and in the case of Bartlett there is great forage for fish. I was on the g and f boat that worked the south end of the lake since I knew where there was flooded brush with some of it still sticking out of the water from the lake filling this year and would be great hiding places for small crappie :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2019, 09:35 AM »
So this weekends catches confirmed how quickly those Black Nose grew....very cool. Great job AZGF
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal