Author Topic: Feburary crappie fishing  (Read 2146 times)

Offline Normankm

Feburary crappie fishing
« on: February 05, 2020, 08:40 AM »
My husband and I are planning a trip to Arizona mid/late Feburary, we are bringing our camper and boat. We've never been to Arizona before and would like some suggestions on which lake would be the best that time of year for crappie  fishing. Thank you for any advice/suggestions. Looking forward to coming to your state and fishing!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Feburary crappie fishing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:08 AM »
Wait and travel here in March :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 11:13 AM »
February fishing has been tough this year. Unstable weather has made it difficult to find anything consistently. Bartlett, one of the lake everyone wants to see go on fire has been really quiet.

It seems like Alamo might be your best bet to find a bite when you'll be out here. Again, everything can change with weather changes, so it's tough to predict anything over the next month or so.

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2020, 11:21 AM »
Alamo seems to always take off first.  I was at Bartlett Saturday and surface temps were right around 51 deg F and I'm guessing even colder now.  i'd be curious to see what the current surface temp is at Alamo.  They have been catching some at Roosevelt per Gary Senft Fishing.   

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2020, 05:40 PM »
Alamo warms up first due to its location.  Should be getting good soon except for the recent cool down.  We are still going to try it very soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal