Author Topic: Bartlett - 12/29/19 (late, I know)  (Read 1419 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Bartlett - 12/29/19 (late, I know)
« on: January 01, 2020, 08:44 PM »
My brother-in-law was in town for Christmas and recently got into crappie fishing in South Carolina. He was asking me about crappie out here so I promised I would take him once. Thanks to weather and busy schedules, the only day we could go was Sunday.

Long story short, we fished 10-3:30 in 2 different spots and only had 2 bites all day. Used jigs and minnows, trolled D.S. and vertically jigged. Nada... I'm thinking it was because it was too close to when the storms ended and things hadn't settled down.

Aside from not catching anything and it being about 33 degrees out there, it was pretty nice. The scenery was great with snow tipped mountains and there was next to nobody at the lake. The Yellow Cliffs ramp was open, so that saved some time from flying across the lake.

I graphed tons and tons of bait fish like always and it looked like there were fish sitting the trees I was graphing, but no takers. I think things will pickup this weekend or next.

Lots of Christmas Trees lined up at the ramp and ready to be turned into fish habitats!

Had a little fun with some pictures of our AZCA cups. I take this thing everywhere!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 11:27 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett - 12/29/19 (late, I know)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Is the water still real muddy and cold?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2020, 11:36 AM »
Yeah, it was stained pretty good. Temp was 52 nearly everywhere I went.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal