Author Topic: Bartlett Lake Christmas Tree Habitat Volunteer Opportunity  (Read 7599 times)

Offline AGFDHabitat

Bartlett Lake Christmas Tree Habitat Volunteer Opportunity
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:18 AM »
Start 2020 off right and help us drop Christmas trees into Bartlett Lake!

We’re looking for volunteers on Friday and Saturday, Jan. 3-4, and Saturday Jan. 11 to install these used Christmas trees that will help ensure robust fish populations at this Tonto National Forest impoundment. We’ll be starting at 8:30 a.m. each day from the yellow cliffs boat ramp.

Just bring a pair of gloves and help conserve sport-fishing opportunities for future generations!

Contact Bryant Dickens at 623-236-7593 if you have any questions.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: Bartlett Lake Christmas Tree Habitat Volunteer Opportunity
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 11:44 AM »
Hey Bryant, do you want us to bring any trees? If someone wants to donate a tree for the cause, how do they do that? I followed the post on Facebook a little bit, but wasn't fully clear on tree donation.

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 01:04 PM »
Yes, feel free to bring trees if you plan on coming out to volunteer. We will be out collecting trees from city drop off locations the days before the install dates so we wont be available to collect trees at our HQ location those days. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 07:22 PM »
Don't forget to think about volunteering for the tree drop at Bartlett.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 12:23 AM »
I'm planning on coming out on Friday and have a few people who want to help. I'll also be bringing 3 trees (so far) with me.

Will you need extra boats? Are you planning on dropping any of the trees on Friday or just prep them Friday and then drop them another day? Do you need anyone in the club to supply anything or is everything covered?

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2019, 06:50 AM »
Great! Look forward to meeting you on Friday. We are planning on installing on Friday. We have rope and cinder blocks out there. The only thing you guys would need to bring is your own water and snacks and some work gloves. We will have our large pontoon boat out there and two other smaller game and fish boats. I will provide a piece of paper that says volunteer for AZGFD so no need to buy a tonto pass. We are on track to have over 1000 trees out there by next Friday.

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2019, 02:42 PM »
Would love to make it but working 3 & 4 Jan then off to Alaska and will miss the 11th.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2019, 05:24 PM »
We are on track to have over 1000 trees out there by next Friday.

:o  :o :o

That's awesome! We gonna be able to get all 1000 installed in 3 days? Do you guys have drop locations already planned out?

Looks forward to getting out there and help!

Offline Unit9Elk

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 01:35 PM »
I was there on Monday the 23rd and the YC ramp was open. I didn't get a bite, but am real new to crappie, so I wasn't too surprised... How long will the day last for the xmas tree project on the 11th?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2019, 04:30 PM »
Thanks for the update on the YC ramp being open, some times the TNF is slow to re-open things after they close it even when conditions change. I would ck back in a day or so I am sure g and f will answer you question.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal