Author Topic: Bartlett Lake Christmas Tree Habitat Volunteer Opportunity  (Read 7832 times)

Offline AGFDHabitat

Re: Bartlett Lake Christmas Tree Habitat Volunteer Opportunity
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2019, 05:40 PM »
Yes, I think we will be able to install the 1000+ trees in the 3 days. Our large pontoon boat can hold 40+ per trip alone. We have 10 sites selected all near the yellow cliffs ramp and up river.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 07:36 PM »
I've added 3 more trees to this pile for Friday.  ;D
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:15 PM by PhishingPhreek »

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2020, 06:39 AM »
For all those heading to Bartlett today and this weekend to drop the trees......have a great day on the water and thank you for your efforts to improve our AZ Fisheries.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Got my truck of trees all set!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 04:05 PM »
That is a great idea a truck and trees dumped into Bartlett some real habitat ;D
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Unit9Elk

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Bryant, I plan on joining you on the 11th, but in the meantime am curious if the tree drops from last weekend are logged by location? I'd be curious to try and find them to see what they look like on sonar? I am still struggling to figure out how to read my various sonar settings... I grew up a fly fisherman and the transition to lake fishing with electronics has not been smooth!
Thanks in advance and plan on seeing you at 830 Saturday morning!

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2020, 06:19 AM »
Bryant, I plan on joining you on the 11th, but in the meantime am curious if the tree drops from last weekend are logged by location? I'd be curious to try and find them to see what they look like on sonar? I am still struggling to figure out how to read my various sonar settings... I grew up a fly fisherman and the transition to lake fishing with electronics has not been smooth!

They are logging and marking and as soon as the project is complete they will publish the GPS information. I think they may add or take away some locations after they get an idea on how many trees they will be able to obtain :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2020, 11:08 AM »

To add what Fishless said, many of the drop locations were predetermined, so they're already marked on their documents, but they will update the habitat document on their website once they're done. gnF received a lot more trees than expected so it is possible for them to drop them in other places they didn't plan on going to.

I have some pictures I took last Friday that show some cool images on their sonar. I'll be making a separate post for that when I get a chance. It was a lot of fun. When you're out there this Saturday, jump on the big boat for a drop or two and check out the sonar.

Offline Unit9Elk

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2020, 11:13 AM »
thanks! I'd like to see those images... much appreciated!

Offline AGFDHabitat

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2020, 02:47 PM »
Christmas trees!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal