Author Topic: san carlos 3/5 3/6  (Read 3200 times)

Offline dieselaw

san carlos 3/5 3/6
« on: March 06, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Fished San Carlos on saturday and Sunday. Saturday we got on the water at 930. We got there and had a real hard time getting on a pattern.  We mainly fished with the flotilla , but we checked out a bunch of other spots on our own. We ended the day with 5. We talked to some friendly campers and they said there was a good morning bite and a couple windows through the day. They had 12.  Sunday we started early and didn't get anything till 10. We stayed away from the flotilla and fished in a spot we had found the day before. It was all in 20-23 feet of water.  Once we got the pattern we ended up getting 20+. There were only 2 other boats around us and they were doing well too. WE fished till 230.  Water temps ended at 57.5 both days. The lures were the same as usual but they liked different combos throughout the day.  Launch at mohave was good , but it was a little crowded.

Offline TRITOON

Re: san carlos 3/5 3/6
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 08:11 PM »
Thanks for the post. There is some hope yet for a start of the bite. Seems like they may be starting to split up a bit. Sometimes it is good to break away from the crowd and search out a better spot. And a lot less stressful.
GOD BLESS

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 09:58 PM »
We were there on Friday & only managed 5.  What difference a day or two makes!  Thanks for the report...

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 03:40 AM »
thanks for the report

has was the road from the paved road over to mohave point for launching?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline dieselaw

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 05:35 AM »
It is easily doable in a 2WD truck. It has some pretty annoying washboard though. I think I saw an old Ford Taurus out on mohave point.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal