Author Topic: AZCA January 2020 Meeting at Bartlett Lake  (Read 3297 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
AZCA January 2020 Meeting at Bartlett Lake
« on: January 06, 2020, 07:33 PM »
Per club vote, the January 2020 meeting location will be at Bartlett Lake on Saturday, January 11th. The meeting time will be 12 noon, on the lake shoreline just south of the Yellow Cliffs boat ramp launch area. Please see the attached map.  Meeting time is 12 noon so members can fish before or after the meeting, as well as help out with the AZGFD event if they'd like.

The meeting date coincides with the AZGFD Christmas Tree Habitat volunteer activity going on the same day.  For more details on the optional AZGFD event, please see the AGFDHabitat's topic.

You may want to get the AZGFD habitat structure GPS coordinates in your fish finders before you go, although keep in mind at the current water level many are out of the water.

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information thread.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.

If you are new to this website or the AZCA Club and interested in attending this meeting, please feel free to introduce yourself here by replying to this post.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2020, 07:35 PM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: AZCA January 2020 Meeting at Bartlett Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 08:06 PM »
All right, who's attending this meeting?  I'm not sure if I'm bringing my boat or not - wouldn't mind riding back seat if anyone has something available.  I'm also thinking I could help out with the AZGFD tree drop as long as I can get off the water before the noon meeting.  Saturday looks like all sun, no rain, light winds.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2020, 12:14 AM »
I'll be out there, but I can't help with the tree drop because of my back.

Not sure if I'll have an open seat though. I might bring Gunner and my brother

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2020, 07:41 AM »
All right, who's attending this meeting?  I'm not sure if I'm bringing my boat or not - wouldn't mind riding back seat if anyone has something available.  I'm also thinking I could help out with the AZGFD tree drop as long as I can get off the water before the noon meeting.  Saturday looks like all sun, no rain, light winds.

Matt once you are assigned on one of the boats there is no getting off! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax7wcShvrus

Would love to have you help you can leave when ever you want the boats get loaded deployed and back to the beach in less than 20 mins or so with good numbers of people helping it goes fast they estimate there is only about 650 trees left but considering how fast it goes you will be amazed how fast. They need people to put trees on trailers or down on shore tieing cinder blocks to trees or loading and then going out and dumping the trees.  Last week 715 Friday and 675 Saturday trees were dumped by 1pm starting at 8:30am
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 09:57 AM by PhishingPhreek »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2020, 12:49 PM »
For everyone planning on going to the meeting this weekend, try to find me before you head out or find me on the water somewhere. I reached out to Bryant with Game and Fish and he's going to give me a stack of envelopes so we can help out with the crappie scale samples.

Game and Fish is really looking for participation in this so they can learn more about the growth rate of all crappie in Bartlett. After seeing these growth rates of the recently stocked Black Nose Crappie, they want to learn more about the growth of all the crappie in the lake.

Please check out the post I made on how to collect samples while on the lake by clicking this link

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2020, 01:31 PM »
I will be fishing off my boat with Spark Chaser. Plan to be launching 7:00 or so at Yellow Cliff tamp and be off the water and at the meeting at noon and then home in time for the 49’er game to support my wife.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2020, 07:47 PM »
We're paving Saturday all Day. Stuck working weekends for a while lately but that should change soon.  Good luck and stay safe.

Stevert

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 09:13 PM »
Matt, looks like my back seat is open. No one in my family can make it and Gunner got sick today, so he won't be going. I don't have fancy rod holders like you, so you'll have to hold your rod like a commoner. Lol

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2020, 07:37 AM »
Matt, looks like my back seat is open. No one in my family can make it and Gunner got sick today, so he won't be going. I don't have fancy rod holders like you, so you'll have to hold your rod like a commoner. Lol
That's great Louis, thanks!  However, I'm going to start off helping AZGFD with the tree drop and do my part there.  That starts 8:30am, but I wouldn't mind breaking lose perhaps 10:30-ish to fish some before the meeting, or maybe after the meeting if you plan on staying afterwards and the fish were biting.  I'm not sure best way to communicate though exactly when I'm available as I don't think cell access works in cat bay or up river, and don't know exactly when I'll be on/off their boat helping.  So, if too much of a hassle that's ok too.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2020, 09:24 AM »
Hey Matt, I was planning on fishing before and after the meeting tomorrow. I'm picking up minnows today at lunch.

I would like to launch at the SB Cove ramp around 8:00. I can just come by at 10:00-10:30 if you want so you can jump on for a few hours. I wanted to fish my know, good areas in the morning and then wanted to experiment toward the dam in the afternoon. Let me know what you think.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal