Author Topic: Bartlett 1/11/2020  (Read 1922 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Bartlett 1/11/2020
« on: January 11, 2020, 06:10 PM »
Fished Bartlett today prior to the Club meeting. Launched just after safe light from the Yellow Cliff Ramp....and man was it freezing cold....bone chilling. Fished up lake around the Island, Echo, and Cats Bay with both drop shot minows as well as casting jigs. Water clarity only 6 inches or so...but ver little debris floating around. You could almost walk on the shad beyond the no wake bouies and found huge bait balls everywhere. Only found a few schools of Crappie and they were stationary not very mobile. Zero fish caught. They were there....just not wanting to eat. For the rest of the club that fished today ....feel free adding your report to this thread if you like.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 1/11/2020
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2020, 08:20 PM »
caught 2 14's at the no wake bouys by the island , lost 3 due to flouro breaking ,guess when you can not remember when you tied them up its time to tye up new ones . they would not touch plastic with livescope I could watch them cozy up to the bait then turn away ,minnows on  plain hooks with 3/4 once weight at .5mph bite came late in the day after 2:30 . beautiful day !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 08:40 PM by craigm »

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:27 PM »
I was crappie skunked, but some guy came up to me and Scott just before sundown and said he caught his limit.

Scott saw him netting fish because he was just under 200 yards away, but we don't know what he was using, or even who it was.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2020, 08:16 AM »
caught 2 14's at the no wake bouys by the island , lost 3 due to flouro breaking ,guess when you can not remember when you tied them up its time to tye up new ones . they would not touch plastic with livescope I could watch them cozy up to the bait then turn away ,minnows on  plain hooks with 3/4 once weight at .5mph bite came late in the day after 2:30 . beautiful day !
  forgot to add pic , yah no pics it didn't happen

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2020, 10:43 AM »
forgot to add pic , yah no pics it didn't happen

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You know how it works!

Offline RackmasterRon

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2020, 12:27 PM »
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the hospitality at the club meeting at Bartlett Saturday. I am encouraged that maybe this winter I will catch a Crappie. I am from Minnesota and have done a lot of walleye fishing, but there is something about the Crappie that interests me. I have access to a boat,or (pontoon) as I am a member of Bartlett Lake Boat Club. If anyone out there needs a ride I would be glad to share my boat to do some fishing. Looking  forward to learning how to catch a crappie. I believe my membership is activated as I sent $20 to Tom

Ron Anderson
new member ACA

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2020, 03:38 PM »
I think Starlin  Smiley Jack, and I are going to do Bartlett on Wed ,I try not to do cold so we will start around 11 , pm if you are interested ,may have room for 1 more

Offline RackmasterRon

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2020, 04:21 PM »
Thanks Craig, my nefew is coming Wednsday for Barrett Jackson so that won't work. Maybe another time.
Ron Anderson

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal