Author Topic: Crappies ???  (Read 3729 times)

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Crappies ???
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 11:30 AM »
I was fishing with Jerry Tate years ago and he referenced it as the Rock dam for a live stock pond on the old Wheelock ??? Ranch most of the year it is empty little or no waterfall . He spoke to a group of sportsman I attended a few years ago and again referenced it as the old Stock pond dam , he was mad because as the water goes down fish get trapped in there and wanted fish and Game to "dynamite it " but would not because the shock would damage the New Dam . I asked why if they wanted it out they don't just rent a back hoe and take it out he did not like that . but we are talking about the same place only now there is 20 ft of water over it , maybe someone did get a back hoe . now it is full of bait fish .

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Crappies ???
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 05:21 PM »
Thanks Craig that answers my question. I have seen the "waterfall" out of water and we used to duck hunt in behind it when it either had water of the water first start to fill it up,actually drive in because we did not bother fishermen or them us. Not much to it just some rocky shore line that is raised would not take much to tear it out. Don't think explosives would bother the new dam 6-7 miles away but would have to keep people out of the area. Have seen when they use lots of water in the summer you can not get by the S turn going back into humbug the water stops there. I have seen it when the water just gets up to the top and starts to flow over it (neat to see) never saw many dead fish or bones back there always seems like the fish get spooked and leave when the water goes down. Used to catch a lot of crappie in behind there there is a ton of trees now we catch stripers and white bass a bunch at times in that back cove.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal