Author Topic: LTF Crappie Tournament Saturday, January 18th Roosevelt Lake  (Read 2468 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Reminder, this coming Saturday, January 18th, is the Let's Talk Fishin' tournament series at Roosevelt Lake.  While the tournament originated as a bass tournament series, the tournament director opened it up additionally as a crappie tournament in 2019.  However, for the series to continue holding the crappie tournament, I believe they are requesting higher attendance.

While this is not an Arizona Crappie Association sponsored event, this is being shared by the Arizona Crappie Association as it may be of interested to club members and visitors of this site. 

For information about the tournament, please check the Let's Talk Fishin' website or contact the tournament director, Tracy Purtee, at 928-978-3659 or email letstalkfishin@gmail.com.

I can't attend this weekend unfortunately, but want to get to that lake. Winter fishing at Roosevelt has typically been better for me than other seasons so I am excited to get back up there especially as the weather has been stable recently. I saw on another social media site a friend of mine caught a nice sized crappie out of there within the last few weeks.  It takes time to find them though but the lunkers are still out there.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: LTF Crappie Tournament Saturday, January 18th Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 06:30 AM »
Anyone fish the crappie tourney Saturday, no results on line and the weather was fantastic it seems.  :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2020, 07:13 AM »
Kasey and I were the only boat in the crappie division and we never got bit! Most of the bass teams struggled too. Tracy told me they will keep the crappie division going in hopes better fishing will encourage ACA members and locals to enter. ......Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2020, 07:50 AM »
Kasey and I were the only boat in the crappie division and we never got bit! Most of the bass teams struggled too. Tracy told me they will keep the crappie division going in hopes better fishing will encourage ACA members and locals to enter. ......Art
Thanks for the info Art.  I swear I saw someone post some pictures with crappie at the LTF tournament, but I don't know that they actually entered the crappie tournament or not, or if they were indeed crappie.
I'd love to find a way to get turnout from the AZCA for this event.  I still think Jan/Feb are great times to fish there but as you noted, it is still tough crappie fishing at lake it is finicky.  I'll post the February event (Feb 15th) on the site.  It doesn't conflict with a AZCA meeting - maybe that weekend can become a makeup of the Christmas Hunt for Moby we missed in December because of weather.....

Offline swikmo

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2020, 07:46 AM »
you probably saw my fish on azanglers. I was slow trolling a hologram minnow/road runner in 28' the salt end and caught this one and no i wasnt in the tourney. got a cpl a few days before as well. wont be long till floatilla time! tight lines

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal