Author Topic: Bartlett Feb 1 2020  (Read 1544 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Bartlett Feb 1 2020
« on: February 01, 2020, 04:31 PM »
Would like to say something different about Bartlett....but much of the same. Beautiful weather, great water conditions, still cold (47-49), massive bait balls and predator fish on the graph where they should be.....not a single Crappie. Did find one decent Bass who nailed a BBC jiiggie vertical jogging above a tree in 27FOW.   Photo not of Crappie...but proof my graph doesn’t lie.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Stevert

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett Feb 1 2020
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2020, 08:11 PM »
Nice pic Tommy.

I ran into those two hombres around 12:00 noon. 

I haven't had the boat out since October 22, 2019. Been hunting mostly.   Got her out of the shop Tuesday, one day turn-around with an impeller install and a throttle/shift cable repair. Time for new trolling motor batteries now.

Caught one small bass on the crappie jig, ran out of battery about the time I ran into the Tommy's and called it early.  Beautiful day out there.

See you all next weekend.   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 06:23 AM »
Glad somebody caught a fish I thought maybe there was a complete die off. I saw some of those shad balls Friday, whole graph lit up was wondering what I was seeing for a few moments till they moved.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 01:08 PM »
When we fished 3 weeks ago, the bait balls were massive, but without predatory fish on them. The bait yesterday were much tighter and smaller pods and were totally being harassed by predators. They looked active to me....although our catching did not agree.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal