Author Topic: Alamo 2-15-20  (Read 2365 times)

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Alamo 2-15-20
« on: February 14, 2020, 07:22 AM »
Marvin and I will be on the water about 8:30 Saturday. Give us a shout out if anyone is also fishing Alamo Saturday.

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
Re: Alamo 2-15-20
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Stopped in Salome for a nice breakfast be fore hitting the lake. On the water and fishing by 9:45 Lake is not near as low as I thought it would be. The main ramp is very accessible and the ramp before you get to the store (always forget the name of that ramp) is also in use. Went down lake and was surprised to see a flotilla of 23 boats in the area. We joined them a caught 3 decent crappie before 10:30 and then it just shutoff. Picked up 1 more right at 2 pm. and that was it. All 4 were females full of eggs but no where near being ready. Water temp 51 starting time and up to 57 when we quit at 3 pm. All of our fish came in bout 33' of water with trees coming up clear up to the surface. Lost a ton of gear but was the only place we could get bit. Saw a couple of post on facebook (Clayton Ross was one of them) and both got 8 or 9 females. Most said the bite was over by 10:00 That makes sense as most of you know Marvin and I like to hit the early bite and this time we left late and stopped for breakfast :angry4: I really thought Alamo would be better as I have always heard Alamo goes off first as the water warms quicker. With reports of crappie being caught at Bartlett and Rosy this year must be the exception. Best guess Alamo is still 2-3 weeks from producing decent numbers.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2020, 10:45 AM »
Thanks 'rocks for the report.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2020, 04:06 PM »
Thanks for the report, Ramp below the store is main ramp, ramp after the left turn before you get to the store and main entrance is Cholla ramp. Water is higher than it was before they dumped it last year and they should (we hope) stay with no more releases. Was the floatilla about or below the Cholla ramp? So much water in the lake now lots of places to fish. Was the lake busy as far as vehicle and parking?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 08:01 AM »
Main ramp had 6 vehicles in the parking lot (maybe Valentines Day the reason) and why I was so surprised there was 23 boats in the flotilla until I figured out that the Cholla ramp was open. The flotilla was north and east of the Cholla ramp.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 07:39 PM »
Thx, the zoo will start soon up there especially with spring break coming.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal