Author Topic: Fished Friday 2-21  (Read 1420 times)

Offline meatwagon

Fished Friday 2-21
« on: February 22, 2020, 07:07 AM »
Hit the water about 9:30 with white caps roaring down the main lake towards the dam. We ran up to the no wake buoy and started trolling upstream got hit with in five minutes, a good fish that felt like a crappie but got off before I was able to get a look at her. Within 15 minutes dad stuck in to a 2lb fish . In the next two hours he picked up 2 more 1 at 1.5lbs  and the other at 1.75lbs . By 12 PM the trolling motor batteries decided to die. Heading to Sam's club today for replacements. We were long line trolling 1/8oz. Jigs between 1.2 and 1.5mph, would have liked to run slower but the wind had other plans. That's fishing, weather is looking good for next weekend so things should start heating up everywhere.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Fished Friday 2-21
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2020, 05:15 AM »
Thanks for the report, the wind has been so light lately I guess you caught the storm moving in? hopefully you can get a day when the wind is minimal.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal