Author Topic: Roosevelt Lake Crappie Time! - Art & Kasey Chamberlin at ISE 2020 March 13-15  (Read 4078 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
This year at the International Sportsmen's Expo (ISE) on March 13-15 at the Aquarium Demonstration Tank will be legendary crappie fisherman Art Chamberlin and grandson Kasey doing a joint seminar: Kasey will be on the giant tank while Art will be on the ground presenting.

Art Chamberlin worked as a guide for 31 years. Known widely as "Mr. Crappie," Art is the master of Arizona’s fantastic resource, Lake Roosevelt. Art and his grandson Kasey won the Arizona Crappie Association's Spring Crappie Fest twice (`19, `12), and won the Bob Hirsch Fall Crappie Classic 4 times (`07, `08, `09, `10). Art was featured in the industry’s premier fishing publications, including Crappie Magazine and In-Fisherman. Art has been providing seminars since 1985, and has been on ISE’s team since the expo came to town in 2000. In 2019, Art gave a seminar at Bass Pros Shop providing useful tips and tricks on how to fish the AZGFD habitats at Roosevelt Lake. Additionally, Art has been working with Let's Talk Fishing to help promote additional monthly crappie tournaments at Roosevelt Lake, winning the tournament twice in 2019.

At the ISE, also presenting at the aquarium demonstration tank, are other Arizona fishermen including Matt Shura and Johnny Johnson. The tentative schedule for Art and Kasey to present is Friday from 2-3pm and Saturday from 12-1pm.  For the full official schedule, please see https://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/scottsdale/schedules

For a chance to win FREE tickets to the ISE this year, and be notified of all upcoming AZCA events, please register your username on this website, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 07:19 AM by OneBlade »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
REMINDER!!! For a chance to win FREE tickets to the ISE this year, and be notified of all upcoming AZCA events, please register your username on this website, and follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Matt Shura told me there is going to be a ton of tackle given away at the seminars. I'm not sure of the schedule for this. To commemorate my 20th year of doing the ISE show and Johnny Johnson's 20th year on television, on Saturday we are going to do  something special after my noon seminar and before his seminar at one that you may or may not want to miss! It could be talked about for years to come!? .....Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
I'll be there on Friday with an Arizona Crappie Association shirt on.  If you see me there, make sure and say Hi!

Lots of good info on the schedule too: https://www.sportsexpos.com/attend/scottsdale/schedules/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I wonder if they are getting any pressure to cancel the event? geez spring training gone, college basketball playoffs done, even Disneyland closing :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
I am getting pressure to stay home from Family ,

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
I am getting pressure to stay home from Family ,
Bring hand sanitizer, wash your hands, and avoid shaking hands or getting close to people who are sneezing and you'll be fine.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Their point is , Heart disease , high blood pressure , Diabetes , kidney problems , male , over 70 = RIP , got them all + , I argued but , my Lungs are fine .

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
They have very good arguments, and the team doctor that showed up at work yesterday and talked to the staff said the same thing. But he also said, if you just take care of yourself, you can avoid catching the virus in the 1st place. But, it's totally up to the individuals.

That being said... After announcing that the MLB season is being pushed back for 2 days, they're mandating all employees work from home for the next 2 weeks to try and "self quarantine" and not get sick.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Art and Kasey presented bed fishing during the spawn, fishing over brush/trees with 12ft pole and bobber, then some info on drop shot fishing over habitats/brush, and then got into long line trolling.  That got cut short with the wind and rain came in. Saw RackmasterRon there and chatted with him a bit.  Jack "whaler" was there as well.  Had to check out all of the campers I saw the larger version of 150 series camper Mike and Debbie had not bad I may have to get one.  Lots of cool trailers with tents/popups integrated in them.  Drolled over Ranger 1850MS boat only $50k  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal