Author Topic: Boat Insurance  (Read 1174 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Boat Insurance
« on: March 10, 2020, 03:55 PM »
Reminder! It's recommended you all have at least liability insurance on your boat. This sort of insurance covers if you happen to get an accident on the lake causing damage to another person's boat or injury to another person this would cover the cost. Someone else's boat or hospital bills can be expensive and without insurance you are running at risk since accidents do happen.  I found Progressive Insurance has pretty good prices but admittedly I haven't shopped around.  The admin of AZ Anglers Facebook group Tai Au (https://www.facebook.com/pg/TaiAuFishing/about/) sells insurance so he would be a good resource as well.

If you have an expensive enough boat, then perhaps you additionally look into comprehensive/collision full coverage type insurance.  I have that for my boat and they covered the windshield breaking a few years ago on my way to Lake Powell.  That was a huge savings.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Boat Insurance
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 07:17 PM »
this may be helpful progressive is ok but for a major marine investment and those who may participate in competitive fishing  most boat insurance does not cover tournements ,I use Bob Luelien at World Wide Marine and I have agreed cash value ( no BS about depreciation )I copied this from Walleye Central where Bob is a sponsor ; Originally Posted by Insurancepro View Post

I first fished with Mark Martin over 20 years ago and we have been good friends ever since.

We share the same problem you have, we love to fish!

I went to the Soo Michigan PWT to fish with Mark and participate in the tournament and I had a great time. I really enjoyed the entire experience.

I spoke with a number of pro and co-anglers and found there are some issues with the way these guys are insured. In fact, Mark and I reviewed his insurance and I found out he did not have proper coverage. I then went to work explaining what should be done.

Now he has the coverage he needs and he is saving a lot of money per year.

I have been in the marine insurance business for over 15 years. I represent over 20 insurance companies and I am licensed in over 40 states.

I have written and designed programs that are specific to our insurance needs.

There are a lot of you out there that really do not know the kind of policy you have. Until when? You guessed it, when you have a claim.

My goal is to educate the members here so that there are NO issues in the event of a claim.

A lot of you have ACV, or actual cash value policies.

In the event of a total loss, you may not have enough insurance to even pay off the loan.

We primarily write agreed value or replacement cost policies.

I would be happy to help answer any question you may have.

I’m really interested in educating the members here.

Keep in mind that I insure every boat the exact way I insure my own.

Let me show you how I can save you money as well as provide the most comprehensive coverage available.

I would like the opportunity to earn your business.

Feel free to contact me at 800.339.1235 or bob@worldwidemarineins.com or drop me a PM using this message board.

You can also go to: www.worldwidemarineins.com to fill out my Quick Quote Form.

Please feel free to ask any questions, I’m here to help.

Bob Luellen
 Sponsoring this Insurance Message Board
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 07:18 PM by craigm »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal