Author Topic: Bartlett 3/15 - 3/16  (Read 2033 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Bartlett 3/15 - 3/16
« on: March 16, 2020, 08:54 PM »
Fished both days from first light until 1pm. Both days we used the Yellow Cliffs launch, although today the dock catwalk was almost under water with the lake rising.

Sunday we went up into river past the no wake buoys to what is left of the island. Spent about an hour up there in muddy water and 57 degrees water, and decided to head down lake with no bites. We stopped in Echo and tried that with no luck. Headed down in search of clearer water and found it in Alder. We ended up with 17 really nice fish. All but one came on bare hook minnow rigs.

Today we headed right for Alder. Good bite until about 10, then you had to chase the crappie and dodge boats. We ended up with 18. We tried trolling jigs, but could only pick up 4. The rest came on minnow rigs again.

By the time we left today water clarity was changing, and debris was coming into the cove. At 1 it was 64 degrees towards the back in about 10FOW.

SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Re: Bartlett 3/15 - 3/16
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 09:20 PM »
Just after first light on Sunday...Dave and I rolled up on 2 kayakers they camped on the sliver  of land that was left of the island beyond the no wake bouys .....the guy wasn’t even aware the water was on the rise. Had about 1/2 foot left till they were wet.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2020, 10:23 PM »
How many boats would you say were out in Alder? Were you graphing any fish up lake?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2020, 07:20 AM »
We were fishing in the back of the cove both days. I counted 10 boats Sunday and 8 yesterday. More came and went, but that was what you had to deal with for the majority of the time.

Up lake was a mess, but we did see a ton of life in Echo. I just think the water was to muddy
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2020, 09:39 AM »
Great job Dave. It's good to see crappie can be caught in these conditions. Were you slow vertical trolling the double minnow rigs? It was good to see you and meet your better half at the Expo Saturday. .....Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2020, 06:13 PM »
Just after first light on Sunday...Dave and I rolled up on 2 kayakers they camped on the sliver  of land that was left of the island beyond the no wake bouys .....the guy wasn’t even aware the water was on the rise. Had about 1/2 foot left till they were wet.

SRP just upped the releases out of horseshoe again and very little going out of Bartlett, those people are swimming by now :o
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 06:00 AM »
Great job Dave. It's good to see crappie can be caught in these conditions. Were you slow vertical trolling the double minnow rigs? It was good to see you and meet your better half at the Expo Saturday. .....Art

Art, the majority of our fish came on minnows rigs slow trolling from the front of the boat.

It was good to see you and Kasey as well. You guys put on a great presentation
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal