Author Topic: Bartlett 3/21  (Read 1935 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 3/21
« on: March 21, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Fished Bartlett today 9am to noon Alder cove hardly any crappie fisherman there just my boat, Mark and Marv, and maybe a 1-2 others.  Guess they got the memo there weren't many crappie to be caught, we caught 1 blacknose and threw back and 2 black crappie keepers.  Noon we checked out Rattlesnake Cove entrance but with no boat buoys decided not to fish there.  Fished across from it there was a small little island out of the water no luck.  Fished for 1/2 hour in cat bay big mistake it had debris everywhere. SB Cove Yellow Cliffs launch in the water you have to get wet but ok if you have shorts on just goes up past the knees. Water level really high shoreline looks so different.  Fish tacos tonight Mark and Marv donated their fish to us.
Heard Menrats was out there but didn't realize until later.  Didn't see him.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 3/21
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Thanks for the report , how was the water quality was it muddy etc ??,  here is a place to get the weights locally  he is in Peoria off 47th and Bell, https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/spo/d/glendale-102-egg-fishing-sinkers-all-15/7095033531.html , this guy lives near me I have traded with him before and am currently short of 1 1/2 oz I would like to split the 102 with some one I would take 51 for $10 and sell the rest for $10 I would be willing to share how Brian , Billy and I ty C&C rigs using 8 lb Floro , 2 Aberdeen hooks or jigs and a weight either mid weight or drop style , real easy loop tied , I use a Tackle Tammers for walleye spinners to keep 12 of each style pre tyed . ( those Coleman rigs are pretty pricy )
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 06:37 PM by craigm »

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:38 PM »
Thanks for the report , how was the water quality was it muddy etc ??
I'm bad at noticing the difference stained, slightly stained, chocolate milk, etc..  It was more dirty than a week ago when we were there.  It was trash in Cat Bay.  But I guess I didn't think it was that bad in Alder.  Some young bass fisherman said they had caught a lot yesterday but not as much today. Of course we were out of there by 2pm your 3pm bite we missed maybe they feed late afternoon and on.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2020, 08:18 PM »
At least you managed 3. Better than a lot of people.

We're you graphing them everywhere you went?

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2020, 08:31 PM »
 Noon we checked out Rattlesnake Cove entrance but with no boat buoys decided not to fish there

Matt there is islands just under water etc outside the no motorized boat buoys, those buoys are kind of messed up now they are not in line and several are missing. I have seen bass guys go right by them and fish into the cove, if the sheriff is out they will cite you inside the buoys. Bartlett is officially at 100% today, just hope SRP does not do the Yo Yo on the lake all spring :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 07:56 AM »
Graphed some bait balls or what looked like fish.  We did encounter a few schools but couldn't quite get them to bite.  Temp was 62.5 degrees Sparkchaser had suggested going deep into cove and casting shallow that would have been the time should have tried that.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 09:03 AM »
Graphed some bait balls or what looked like fish.  We did encounter a few schools but couldn't quite get them to bite.  Temp was 62.5 degrees Sparkchaser had suggested going deep into cove and casting shallow that would have been the time should have tried that.
                                                                                                   that sounds like a plan , the temp is right , wish I could get out today ,looks like windy Monday and Tues ,my last 6 times out the bite got better and better after 3 actually it was tough to pick up and go at 5 we would pick up a fish and retire that pole till all 6 were in took about 15 minutes .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal