Author Topic: U.S. Forest Service - Bartlett at Capacity Limiting Entrance  (Read 2654 times)

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
For those not on Facebook, the TNF Facebook page indicated mid-afternoon yesterday and today that the "Bartlett Lake recreation sites—Bartlett Flats, SB Cove, and Riverside—are at capacity."  They've been limiting people entering.  Keep that in mind if you plan on fishing later in the day.  They've closed down several TNF campgrounds as well.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/TontoNationalForest

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: U.S. Forest Service - Bartlett at Capacity Limiting Entrance
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 04:24 PM »
Not surprising there is no shoreline left to camp or launch from with the lake at 100%
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:24 PM »
Does this affect people who aren't planning on camping? If I want to launch at a ramp and fish, that shouldn't matter, right?

Did you share it on the FB page? I can if you haven't.

Online OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2020, 07:37 PM »
Does this affect people who aren't planning on camping? If I want to launch at a ramp and fish, that shouldn't matter, right?

Did you share it on the FB page? I can if you haven't.
I have no other details except what I posted.  It may just be a weekend thing with the shoreline so packed with spring break and great weather.  I did not share on Facebook but by this point it may not be an issue.  I think we keep an eye on that page (I am following them now) and perhaps share such updates in the future. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2020, 08:14 PM »
For what it is worth a friend just sent me a Facebook post somebody at Bartlett is saying they are going to close the lake tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. completely I have no verification just what was sent to me
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2020, 11:32 PM »
For what it is worth a friend just sent me a Facebook post somebody at Bartlett is saying they are going to close the lake tomorrow morning at 5 a.m. completely I have no verification just what was sent to me

Any chance you can send that over to me? I can't imagine that's true...

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2020, 11:37 PM »
Matt, I just checked out the posts and it looks like they're saying the recreation sites are closed. I believe that was limited to camping and day hanging out at the shores.

I also checked out addition posts they made, and WOW! Did you see they closed Grapevine Campground for the foreseeable future? If we didn't vote on Alamo back in October for SCF, we might be pretty screwed for camping.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2020, 06:27 AM »
There is nothing on the TNF website, you would think they would put the word out ASAP to the news media so people wanting to go up and camp on shore or fish on shore wouldn't make the drive

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2020, 09:37 AM »
There is nothing on the TNF website, you would think they would put the word out ASAP to the news media so people wanting to go up and camp on shore or fish on shore wouldn't make the drive

It's so much faster and reaches more people on Facebook. I mean, who doesn't use Facebook these days? :-P

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2020, 10:26 AM »
Whaler just called me and I had talked to cave creek office TNF, north end of Bartlett is closed, the lady said Bartlett flats, so I said OK so yellow cliffs ramp is OK, she said no we are closing the gate at the turn off to that area which includes rattlesnake walk in. I asked her is the main Johoba ramp still open (she said yes for now) but we may be closing that also, she said since lake powell and others are closing down they are also, looked at waynes word website no where does it say NPS is closing powell (launching is free). Jack said David had just got there this morning and had set up his trailer and TNF came through and said you need to leave now.

So what it is telling me is it is a complete fire drill with TNF, don't know if this situation involves Roosevelt or Saguaro etc. Need to find out if county is closing pleasant or the state Alamo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal