Author Topic: Bartlett 3/25 knockin the rust off  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
Bartlett 3/25 knockin the rust off
« on: March 25, 2020, 10:38 PM »
Not an early start but got my dad and a buddy on the water around 11. Went to Alder creek and stayed there. Ground out 4 nice crappie 2 @ 15 inches and 2lbs, a dozen bass, and a cat. Realized while setting first rod up I left my tackle bag in the garage, thankfully I had minnows and a bunch of drop shot rigs on a holder I left in the boat so you can guess what we used. Dad threw a crank and small spoon for a while and I found one jig I used sporadically along with my fly rod but all fish came live minnows. No pattern we could figure out. Caught fish in 14 and 40 FOW. 2 boats when we got there and max of 8 at one point but mostly bass fishermen I think. Didn't see any other fish caught and folls we spoke with didn't have great reports. Left at 5. Beautiful day on the water (first in 8 months at that) with perfect weather, caught a few fish, and great company so awesome day.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 3/25 knockin the rust off
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 06:10 AM »
Thanks for the report thought about going today but front moving in with some wind and slight chance showers.

Is the water still decent as far as stain (not muddy?). I know the SB ramp is closed how as traffic at the ramp at 11 and 5pm?

thanks
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 07:51 AM »
Tweeder good to hear from you! Thanks for the report.

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 10:40 PM »
Few boats getting in and out both times but not bad at all.
Water was not muddy where we were. A little debree out in the main lake. One prop killer to speak of.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:39 AM »
Thanks that is amazing with all the water flowing it has not gotten real muddy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 10:54 PM »
Definitely not normal Bartlett clarity but there was some visibility. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal