Author Topic: alamo  (Read 4075 times)

Offline ffp1711

Re: alamo
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 07:23 AM »
Was there yesterday and self pay at the ranger station was in use.  The main launch ramp packed.  Had outboard issues and could only fish in trolling motor range of ramp.  Casting jigs in shallow water got me 3 male crappie and 7 bass in 4 hours. 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2020, 08:35 AM »
Thanks for the info on the self pay booth, sorry you had engine problems glad you got to catch some crappie
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline nickt

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2020, 04:59 PM »
So with Alamo store being closed.
Where is the nearest store to buy some minnows?

:banghead:

Offline BCLII

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 09:08 PM »
 Following!

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 09:42 PM »
Completely depends on where you live.
Cabela's carries them in the West valley.
Wild Horse Restaurant in the north valley (On Carefree HWY). Be sure to call them beforehand and make sure they're still open and still in stock. They're always "iffy".
Bass Pro has them in the east valley. You can also go to Liar's Corner in Mesa and support a small business. Call them though before you go there.

I got 8 dozen at Cabela's myself a few days ago before heading up to Alamo.

Offline BCLII

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 08:33 AM »
Thanks!

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 09:43 AM »
Completely depends on where you live.
Cabela's carries them in the West valley.
Wild Horse Restaurant in the north valley (On Carefree HWY). Be sure to call them beforehand and make sure they're still open and still in stock. They're always "iffy".
Bass Pro has them in the east valley. You can also go to Liar's Corner in Mesa and support a small business. Call them though before you go there.

I got 8 dozen at Cabela's myself a few days ago before heading up to Alamo.
  the last time I was at Wild horse they had reduced bait shop hours to 6 am till 12 pm and were thinking of closing the bait shop on Monday, tue and wed , so they could have staff for their take out business at the restaurant , so for sure call ahead

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal