Author Topic: Bartlett Sunday, April 5, 2020  (Read 2165 times)

Offline wagomes

Bartlett Sunday, April 5, 2020
« on: April 06, 2020, 08:51 AM »
Marina store is open at 9am had big minnows. Was a zoo at the launch ramp was 6th in line to launch. Went directly to Alder cove. Saw one of our members, forgot his name, in a bass tracker with 2 cane poles on a balancing rig out front. He had caught 2 crappie. Marked lots of fish only 2 bites and no hookups. Water Temp 66 degrees. Fished Alder cove until 1:00pm then moved north to the no wake zone. Hooked up on two big bluegill but no crappie. Headed in at 2:30pm and had to stand in line for 30 minutes to pull boat out.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett Sunday, April 5, 2020
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Hey wagomes thanks for the report, I think you may have seen PhishingPhreek he was out there.  Seems like Alder Cove is slowing down we need to find them in their new home..... wherever that is.  But with lake as busy as it is, it's in jeopardy of getting closed time will tell.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 04:27 PM »
Marina store is open at 9am had big minnows. Was a zoo at the launch ramp was 6th in line to launch. Went directly to Alder cove. Saw one of our members, forgot his name, in a bass tracker with 2 cane poles on a balancing rig out front. He had caught 2 crappie. Marked lots of fish only 2 bites and no hookups. Water Temp 66 degrees. Fished Alder cove until 1:00pm then moved north to the no wake zone. Hooked up on two big bluegill but no crappie. Headed in at 2:30pm and had to stand in line for 30 minutes to pull boat out.
                I believe that was RackmasterRon with 2 new B&M crappy poles ,

Offline Unit9Elk

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Question is during the week better for crowds and is the store open for minnows? I just called and they didnt answer... Thanks!

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 02:52 PM »
I was out there trolling around in Alder two different times with Preston. I talked to a guy out there a couple times... we both had a shared hatered for the jackholes flying around full speed on their jet skis. Could have been you or the guy you were referring to. I was in a green and white Triton and sitting in the driver seat of my boat so I could enjoy my new fish finder. haha

Offline Unit9Elk

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 03:06 PM »
I just spoke with the store, the north road is closed, so only the main ramp is operating, and the store is open... apologies if everyone already knew these details...

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 05:18 PM »
Knew about the ramp. That's why it's been crazy to launch in the mornings.

Good to know about the store though. Thanks for checking it out.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Buddy went today said it was not bad launching or retreiving today hopefully the Lake Lice want to go on weekends more :angry4:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal