Author Topic: I guess Alamo lake is somewhat closed  (Read 2308 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
I guess Alamo lake is somewhat closed
« on: April 08, 2020, 09:11 AM »
Official statement from state parks. Lake is closed to day use, restrooms closed, only people with camping permits can launch and they must be in a self contained RV??? Then if you click on the state parks website link it says (Day use is limited) so I do not know how to interpret :dontknow:

I did hear some idiots showed  up this weekend (don't think they were fishermen) and large group and when the lake was at max capacity they launched and parked all over the road in the campgrounds creating traffic issues. (Sounds like Lake pleasant fools?)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 09:15 AM by Fishless »
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline spotter0502

Re: I guess Alamo lake is somewhat closed
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Found nothing today in the AZ state parks website that said you had to camp with an RV. Nothing excludes tent camping in campground.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2020, 03:40 PM »
Look at the Alamo lake website at the top

https://azstateparks.com/alamo-lake/

I had gotten the info second hand from someone that had called the store. But if you think about it if "all" the restrooms are closed if you are not self contained :dontknow: don't think the park wants piles of toilet paper every where with several hundred people there,  it is not like remote camping it he woods those camp spots are pretty close together :dontknow:

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2020, 03:56 PM »
Just got a text from buddy said someone at park all week RV camping and fishing was told by ranger they have to leave by noon tomorrow (no other info) if you are thinking of going if you can get through to Alamo lake number you best check :dontknow:

Offline spotter0502

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2020, 10:50 AM »
Spoke to a state parks person yesterday who says the park IS open for day use and you can only camp with an enclosed camper as no toilets are open. However, you can tent camp outside of the park and still pay the day use fee and launch.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2020, 06:21 PM »
Spoke to a state parks person yesterday who says the park IS open for day use and you can only camp with an enclosed camper as no toilets are open. However, you can tent camp outside of the park and still pay the day use fee and launch.

Thanks for the update, I was told day use OK until the parking lots fill then they close it down to day use, was told to go early, and the high water ramp is apparently closed now as the lake drops, sure hope the open the Cholla ramp soon even with the campgrounds over there closed.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal