Author Topic: Bartlett 4/15  (Read 1565 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Bartlett 4/15
« on: April 15, 2020, 04:35 PM »
Decided to skip work and go fishing today.  Was too late on contacting Wally to go with, and my son said he was going and then last minute flaked out so was just me solo today.  Was tough to only fish with 2 poles off the front I thought about grabbing a random carbon 12 life form at the boat ramp so we could fish 4 poles off the front but opted not to.

Anyway, on the water 7:30 off around 2pm I headed up lake and caught 5 crappie vertical trolling and lost a 6th near the boat still trying to figure out how to net with a 16ft pole.  Water temp 66 deg I thought it would have been warmer.  I tried a few areas including Alder Cove but seemed like by late afternoon I was getting smaller bites felt like bluegill. Not many other crappie fishermen out there today or if they were I didn't see them.  Lots of ba$$ fishermen, loud boats, jet skis, etc. it was rough water heading back.  I was surprised how busy it was on a Wednesday but probably because I think some of the other lakes are closed.  Only the main ramp is open although it has a couple areas to launch your boat.  It was busy when I came in.

AZ Game and Fish stopped me and other boats on the lake.  Had to show my fishing license (just renewed for today), fire extinguisher, throwable, and life jacket all good there.

When I got to my spot in the morning, there was another boat there.  I recognized them as a boat Dave described was there on Monday.  They told me on Monday Dave was catching fish on the left, then the right, then the left, then on the right, etc. all day lol. They also weren't doing as well today either.  I heard from another friend who didn't do well yesterday at Bartlett either at least for crappie.  On the plus side I have minnows leftover, so I'll have to go back again maybe this weekend or next week sometime.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: Bartlett 4/15
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Thanks for the report Matt, glad g and f was cking people and boat safety equipment I bet with the idiot jet skies and hot dog boats they got writers cramp from citing people let alone people without licenses or safety equip. Lake lice were just arriving when we left at 12pm glad they like to sleep in, others have reported even on calm days the lake is like an ocean with the wake board boats etc.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal