Author Topic: Thoughts on custom airbrushed cranks for crappie...?  (Read 1352 times)

Offline CamFisher

Thoughts on custom airbrushed cranks for crappie...?
« on: April 28, 2020, 07:33 AM »
Hello gang! I have recently gotten into airbrushing crankbaits- small, mid to deep divers for crappie. My questions for the group are: What colors and/or patterns would you believe to be successful, besides the "typical" ones, for crappie?  Also, since crappie tend to feed up, it seems to me that more attention to pattern and detail should be made on the belly of the crank, rather than the traditional top/back. (The belly gets neglected on most crankbaits- commonly sprayed in a white or chartreuse...so, wouldn't they all look predominantly the same to a crappie that is looking up???). Who is a believer in red hooks?  Does it make a difference to the fish, or mostly confidence to the fisherman?  I am starting to believe that most details given to the paint jobs on these cranks are more intended to catch the fisherman and not necessarily the fish. Your thoughts are appreciated.   :happy1:

Offline CamFisher

Re: Thoughts on custom airbrushed cranks for crappie...?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 07:36 AM »
-Also, what is the vote for a more rounded wide wobble vs a thinner tighter wobble (shad style) crank for catching crappie?  Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal