Author Topic: Anyone fished Alamo lately?  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Anyone fished Alamo lately?
« on: September 29, 2020, 06:56 AM »
Buddy wants to try Alamo but there have been no recent reports on that lake at all (any species or websites or Face Book) I know they had the big algae bloom this summer but was supposed to be non toxic to fish.

The word is the thieves are back at work at Alamo again but no specifics on what is going on.  >:(
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Anyone fished Alamo lately?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 06:59 AM »
Yes, thieves are back there again doing their business saw several reports of stuff stolen.  I only saw a report of night fishing they caught some but haven't heard any daytime reports.

Offline Bob

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:25 PM »
We were there last Sunday and tried pretty much entire lake.  Finally found fish on the bottom in 50' of water just before calling it a day.  Several schools metered that looked like very tight crappie at 30' but zero takers in them.  Do Tilapia school?  Cholla fish cleaning station was piled high with carcasses bloating and stinking when we arrived, while parks was working to clear them.  Not sure if it was busted or someone was just being a mouth breather but felt sorry for parks having to deal with that mess.  Was one of maybe 6 boats on the lake. 

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 10:29 AM »
Thanks Bob, were the carcasses a mixed batch?

Offline Bob

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 03:46 PM »
Looked like crappie and bass but really starting to decay as hot as it still was.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 11:49 AM »
Thanks for the update, buddy fished bass Saturday says both ramps open slowly getting more busy but says lake looks good, apparently that algae bloom only lasted a few weeks :dontknow: and no one updated their website that things were OK >:(  don't know why people do that they put in a nice fish cleaning station and people screw that up can't take 5 mins whether the cleaning station disposal was working or not and bag up the remains and throw them in a friggen garbage can, hell people keep that up and they will close the stations which I don't blame them.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal