Author Topic: Green Valley Lake 5/16/2020  (Read 1653 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Green Valley Lake 5/16/2020
« on: May 16, 2020, 07:03 PM »
Decided to hold my own May 2020 AZCA monthly meeting and fishing event. Got to Green Valley Lake in Payson around 1:00pm....as you all know, I’m partial to a Greenie Weenie with a Gold Bead Hairs Ear on the dropper. Found most fish in 2-5 FOW and it was a very mixed bag of small bass, rainbows, Crappie, and about 150 bedding bluegill. Done fishing by 4pm. Air temps were a very nice 80’s and since I was there I held my own meeting. All votes were unanimous.....these are our new voted in rules; 1. The only allowed alcohol at all club events  Michelob Ultra. 2.  All club meetings will always be held at Willow Springs. 3.  At club Poker tournaments I will always be dealt Pocket Queens. 4.  All club members must attend The 2021 Lake Powell trip.  Jiggy Jiggy my friends.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline wally g

• AZCA Members
Re: Green Valley Lake 5/16/2020
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2020, 08:37 AM »
Nice Tommy!
Kinda like Wally World 

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2020, 08:47 AM »
looks like fun Tommy, hard to judge were any of the bluegill big enough to filet? Wish they would put a bait fish in that lake so the crappie would grow, shad would not survive but if they could find a minnow species (that is not evasive) and stock them in there for forage would make that little lake a gem for local fishermen.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2020, 09:49 AM »
I seriously had around 100 gills...all the males were all blacked up...many females very appropriate sized for the skillet. Anyone with kids and wanting to have a blast...now is the time to do it.  There were many parking spaces available with not that many people fishing.  Lots just chilling in the shade of the grass or walking dogs, but very few fishing. All gills 2-3 FOW and witching 1 cast you know if that location holding them...if not, walk 10 feet down and cast again. I fished around the entire main lake in about 3 hours.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Tommy sounds like a great trip amazing the numbers you catch with that greenie weenie, way to go.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 03:47 PM »
You were due for another saga with the greenie weenie. Sorry I missed it
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal