Author Topic: Friggin' wind sucks this spring  (Read 4791 times)

Offline Whatagearhead

Friggin' wind sucks this spring
« on: May 23, 2010, 05:03 PM »
Every day I want to try and get out there's a howling wind - WTF?  I don't even try after seeing the forecast, and it won't be long before the heat gets here.
Wanted: Total Conciousness

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
Re: Friggin' wind sucks this spring
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 06:27 PM »
Tell me about it!!  Have been trying to get back up to Lake Mary for a month now.  No use driving 3 hours to get blown off the lake.  Of course the weekend I wasn't able to go it ended up being a great weekend with little to no wind.  They all say, however, that the wind is your friend...... :sign0023:

LLL

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 06:45 PM »
I'm with ya all. this damn wind sucks

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 09:31 PM »
I hear ya.  My dad is in town and I can't even get him out to wet a line!  Damn wind.  We did manage to go up to Lake Mary last Sunday.  We picked up 2 pike but that was it and we were blown off he lake by 1030.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 11:11 AM »
I can only imagine what the wind is like up north, or any lake for that matter when the wind down here in the valley is this bad. I was driving down the freeway this weekend and it was tossing my truck back and forth.

I'm heading up to The Rim this weekend for some Memorial Day camping. I hope it's not this bad up there otherwise my tent's gonna be gone!

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 12:11 PM »
I hope it's not this bad up there otherwise my tent's gonna be gone!

Had that happen to a friend at one of our past Memorial Day camp outs up by Clints Well.  Huge gust of wind came up and sent his tent flying - tent stakes, sleeping bags, spare cloths and all.  His wife was not pleased!!  Next year he showed up with a new camper!  Guess the wind was his friend  :greengrin:

LLL

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 07:27 AM »
has been a pain, but hell it was windy last spring, great for allergies :crybaby2: lousy even for a casting fool like me!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal