Author Topic: Anniversary Trip with the wife.  (Read 1852 times)

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
Anniversary Trip with the wife.
« on: May 18, 2020, 04:42 PM »
Made a weekday trip today, May 18 2020, with my wife for our 24th anniversary. Launched yellow cliffs about 9:00 to maybe 8 trailers in the parking lot. Windy, but manageable. Fished just up lake from the island, 20FOW on minows...above the trees and bushes. Struggled to find the Crappie in numbers, but definitely found the bluegills. Got tired of fighting the wind and headed into backs of coves to throw the jig. Switched to other species and did well With bass and war mouth in grassy shoreline with 1/8 oz jig with BBC grub, even had a few double hook ups.  Found a cove with massive shad schools and atacking bass. Switched over to white/silver grub and fished it like a jerk bait for non stop bass action. Off the water by 2:30.....no ramp issues only bottom lot with cars.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneMoreCast

• AZ Home Guide
Re: Anniversary Trip with the wife.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 08:40 PM »
Congrats on the anniversary....

How many crappie did you end up catching? Strictly on minnows?

One More Cast

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 09:35 PM »
4 nice ones and all of the Crappie iwe’re on minows. Once we shifted to shoreline....really switched over to Bass.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 06:36 AM »
Congrats on the anniversary as well as adjusting to the conditions and catching a nice variety of fish.

Offline craigm

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 06:42 AM »
Sounds like you had a great trip , with the real keeper being the lady who  fishes with you and puts up with you after all those years. Congratulations   

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 07:39 AM »
congrats, glad you got out and to hear the ramp was not a zoo, man you have the magic for the larger bluegills I don't think I have ever caught a hand size gill at Bartlett, supposed to be windy again today but nicer temps.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal