Author Topic: Roosevelt Crappie  (Read 2143 times)

Offline Marksman1218

Roosevelt Crappie
« on: May 19, 2020, 09:23 AM »
Hey guys!  I'm new here, first post.  I've had some success for night crappie up the salt around the bend from schoolhouse.  Looking to try some new places.  Anybody?

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Roosevelt Crappie
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2020, 06:37 AM »
Sorry, just saw this.  I haven't been to Roosevelt in about a year so can't give too much advise.  I know that there are areas around Windy Hill that produced last year as well as Salome cove.  And perhaps some of the coves on north side from Windy Hill to Schoolhouse.  I haven't been up there since water level reached 98% - have you headed up river on the Salt end?  There is another post in this Roosevelt Lake forum with similar question you may follow that.  And here's swikmo's report from May 5: http://www.azcrappie.com/forum/index.php/topic,4390.0.html

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2020, 06:40 AM »
Have not done it in years but I know people in the past have had good success fishing the tires around the marina at night with lights, can not fish inside the marina but lots of crappie used to hang out around the tires
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Marksman1218

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Thanks guys.  We went up over Memorial Day Weekend and got over schools up the salt, near grapevine, and on the N. side across from School House.  Every place we set our anchor had schools, but we only got 5 crappie and 5 yellow bass.  When the yellow bass moved in, the crappie bite shut off.  I think the drop in temperature and lack of shad at the light was to blame for our limited success.  We're going to keep trying fishing in the dark with the rising temperatures.  I'll be up there a lot this summer in my Red Crestliner pontoon boat.  I'll share my stories here for all who are interested. -Trevor M.

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2020, 07:07 AM »
Thanks guys.  We went up over Memorial Day Weekend and got over schools up the salt, near grapevine, and on the N. side across from School House.  Every place we set our anchor had schools, but we only got 5 crappie and 5 yellow bass.  When the yellow bass moved in, the crappie bite shut off.  I think the drop in temperature and lack of shad at the light was to blame for our limited success.  We're going to keep trying fishing in the dark with the rising temperatures.  I'll be up there a lot this summer in my Red Crestliner pontoon boat.  I'll share my stories here for all who are interested. -Trevor M.

Thanks for the update. Keep us posted.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Thanks for the report.
SEA.....HAWKS....

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal