Author Topic: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)  (Read 7950 times)

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
The June 2020 meeting location will be at Wild Horse West restaurant near Lake Pleasant on Saturday, June 20th at 4pm.  I called week of June 8th and the restaurant is open for dine-in until 8pm.

Many attendees will have dinner there as well, and then after the meeting will head to Lake Pleasant for some night fishing.

PLEASE NOTE: if you plan to night fish at Lake Pleasant, here are a few things to consider:
1) You'll need to launch at 10-lane boat ramp and reserve a boat-in campsite parking spot (even if you aren't camping).  See https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/covid-19/ and call 602-506-2930 (ext 1) to reserve your spot.  Cost is $23 plus possible $4 charge for boat.

2) If entering after 4 or 5pm, they want you to enter via the MAIN entrance and check-in.  Best to bring your boat-in camping reservation confirmation info (they'll email it to you).

3) They'll have an exit lane open for you to leave in the middle of the night if you aren't planning camping or staying the entire night.

4) I wouldn't try launching at the Marina.  That is not run by the county and they have different rules and don't appear to have setup for night fishing fully working.  You can try if you want, at your own risk I make no warranties.

Wild Horse West: https://www.wildhorsewest.com/
"Where the Burgers Are the Best"

Wild Horse West is located approximately three miles from Lake Pleasant on the south east corner of Carefree Hwy and Lake Pleasant RD (99th Ave). You can't miss it! Worth the drive and fun for the whole family. We have a full bar, inside and outside dinning, big screen TV, and juke box. Also come visit our general store with bait, tackle, beer, soda, snacks and supplies for the lake. The bait shop and store open at 6:30am and stay open all day. So bring the family and become part of the wild bunch.

For information and history about the AZCA, please see our Club Information thread.

If you would like to become a member, please see our Club Membership and Club Meetings threads.

If you are new to this website or the AZCA Club and interested in attending this meeting, please feel free to introduce yourself here by replying to this post.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 02:48 PM by OneBlade »

Offline IAMMAC

• AZCA Members
Re: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 02:51 PM »
Y'all have fun in the heat, I'll be in Alaska going for Salmon and Halibut.

Also might want to check if you can night fish.  I thought I could have seen that you had to be off the lake by 8 in previous weeks/months......Not sure if that is lifted yet but it should be by the meeting.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 04:11 PM »
Also might want to check if you can night fish.  I thought I could have seen that you had to be off the lake by 8 in previous weeks/months......Not sure if that is lifted yet but it should be by the meeting.
Yeah good point, I've seen some chatter online about closing ramps and such at 8pm or something crazy like that.  I have no idea how that helps things.  And we'll need to also check if that restaurant is open by then.
I've also considered Bartlett Lake for night fishing lots of crappie in that lake.  We'll have to finalize things up in a couple weeks to verify restaurant and lake availability.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 05:07 PM »
I’d be good with Bartlett at night should Pleasent not be open at night by then.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 05:37 PM »
Ya Matt Maricopa county parks are still in a fire drill. All other lakes in the state open 24hr/7 days a week. Right now Castle ramp is only open Sat and Sun from 6am and 9am and you have to be off lake at 4pm. Main 10 lane ramp is open 6am till 8pm you need to be off the lake by 8pm and on weekends due to disorganization by county parks the lake has been hard closing  from 11am till 4pm on weekends and often closed before that.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2020, 07:10 AM »
https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/covid-19/

This is the latest stupid decisions from county parks on Pleasant, lake opens at 5am now but still closes at 8pm and north ramp closes at 4pm
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2020, 07:19 AM »
Of course with the Governor imposing 8pm to 5am curfew this week there are some angry fishermen who want to be on lake by 5am.  They found that one of the exceptions for curfew is if you are "getting food", so they are hoping that counts as their reason if pulled over in between those times.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 03:34 PM »
Or visiting a business going to scorpion bay marina or the store at Bartlett for ice :dontknow: I really can't see a cop pulling over a person pulling a boat and telling them to go home?

Offline Tweeder

• AZCA Members
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 11:26 PM »
Just launch before 8pm and sleep on the boat. Problem solved

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2020, 07:53 AM »
Just launch before 8pm and sleep on the boat. Problem solved

Guys are complaining about not being able to night fish at Pleasant for stripers so I think the county requires you to be off the lake and heading out by 8pm :dontknow: if you wait in line in the AM to get in and head out and you are one of the first boats out as you move around the lake you do not see any other boats.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal