Author Topic: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)  (Read 8337 times)

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
Re: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2020, 10:01 PM »
This June trip is something we seriously need to think about...
The guys on the AZ Striper Fishing Facebook group are making reservations to do their night fishing trips. It's a "boat-in camping" fee. I don't know if this is only at the 10-Lane or all the ramps. (Meaning the marina)

Here's the link Barry referenced.
https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/park-locator/lake-pleasant-regional-park/boat-in-camping/

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 06:35 AM »
Buddy says he tried calling and they are not answering their phone :dontknow:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline cousinlll

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2020, 07:03 AM »
Time for Plan B......

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2020, 07:54 AM »
According to this https://www.maricopacountyparks.net/covid-19/ the 4 lane will close its gates at 4pm.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2020, 08:26 AM »
I called up the park.  yes, in order to night fish there yes you need a reservation and it's the boat-in camping reservation.  That is $15 and you use the 10-lane ramp.  You don't actually have to camp you can leave middle of the night.  You are essentially reserving a spot in the 10-lane ramp parking lot.  You need to arrive before 8pm and the lady said lots of spots are available.  I called Wild Horse West and they are open for dining in on Saturday hours are 11am to 8pm grills off at 7:45pm.

I'm not familiar with the lake and so forth, e.g. where is 10-lane ramp compared to where we are fishing.  Any reason we wouldn't still want to do this?  Just requires everyone going to make reservation and cost you $15. 602-506-2930 ext. 1

If too much hassle, 2nd option is Bartlett night fishing.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2020, 08:28 AM by OneBlade »

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 08:57 AM »
Matt, great research and a very appropriate solution. For those wanting to fish, it will require some pre planning for ordering the $15 reservation, but based on the stupidity we saw launching last year at 5:30 at night after the meeting......I’lll gladly pay $15 bucks instead of the normal $12.  Lat year we launched at Desert Harbor.....for fishing up lake, same distance from the 10 lane. I love this solution, and looking forward to my WildHorse burger and 1/2 a Philly Cheese Steak.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 05:49 PM »
Matt the 10 lane is on the far southwest end of the lake, if you get north winds over about 15mph which happens all the time it is a pain in the butt to launch lot of water to build up, no protection at that ramp compared to the marina, like launching from the marina long drive up lake to the river and than up from there. The river will open in theory June 15th even if the county is lazy and does not remove the buoys (which probably will happen)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2020, 07:47 PM »
Don’t worry Matt. If I’m there....no wind, no rain, slight breeze, 76 degree temps, and some Calypso music in the distance.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 09:55 AM »
I'm in for the 15 dollar reservation at the 10 lane. It is a little more of a drive, but sounds like the only solution to secure a spot to fish at night.

For those unsure of the lake, we can launch and head up into the river together right after the meeting. We will plan on staying until say midnight to 1am.
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline timbo

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 10:27 AM »
You can put in at lake Pleasant marina for $10.00 & fish all night.
call 623) 235-6130
I saw it on striper site
Timbo

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal