Author Topic: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)  (Read 7953 times)

Offline GearHead

Re: AZCA June 2020 Meeting at Wild Horse West (near Lake Pleasant)
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 12:45 PM »
Yup. Pretty steep. $23 over the phone and $4 at the lake for the boat. It’s only $26... plus truck fuel, boat fuel, license, bait, food, multiple energy drinks for the drive home, and what ever stupid thing that breaks on the boat  this trip like always. Cheap. Lol.

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2020, 12:55 PM »
It’s only $26... plus truck fuel, boat fuel, license, bait, food, multiple energy drinks for the drive home, and what ever stupid thing that breaks on the boat  this trip like always. Cheap. Lol.
Lol so true.  All for few fillets of crappie.  It would be funny to divide total amount paid for boat, gas, supplies, etc. divided by total fish caught out of that boat.... nah maybe not a good idea.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2020, 01:06 PM »
The is the only time I'm on the upper hand for all our trips. Pleasant Harbor is less than a 30 minute drive for me. I can leave my house and be back up the Agua Fria fishing in just under an hour. :)

Still... $27 for a few hours of night fishing is outrageous. I think Pleasant Harbor Marina is significantly cheaper, but you might have to deal with a huge line to launch.

I'm gonna need to bite the bullet and call them back to reserve my spot.  >:(

Offline on the rocks

• AZCA Members
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2020, 03:20 PM »
Was going to meet you guys for a burger and not fish. Of course plans always change. We are going to be launching from the north ramp (4 lane) @ 5 am when it opens and fish until top water is over or get hot and tired. Not gonna drive to Lake Plez. from Maricopa twice in the same day. Look forward to seeing one of these days.

Stay safe

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2020, 05:12 PM »
That is crazy the county is taking advantage of their stupid restricted hours when every other lake in the state is open 24/7!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2020, 05:13 PM »
I'm gonna try and go next week during the week, but I'm going to use to the Pleasant Harbor Marina to see if it's any better. Because of the insanity of the lake in the last couple months I wanted guarantee a spot, so I paid.

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2020, 01:13 PM »
Quick update on everyone coming to the meeting and planning on fishing and using the boating/camping space near the 10 lane ramp.

Wild Horse is open and confirmed they will be able to accommodate 6 to 8 people at 4pm on Saturday. As of this morning, there is no mask required. That could change at any time, so they are asking for everyone to bring a mask if it is to be enforced.

On the camping/ boat space. I called yesterday and confirmed that you will launch at the 10 lane, but will park your trailer in the provided space given to you with your reservation. You can come in at any time to recover your boat through out the night, as there will be one lane always open for an exit. Also, no restriction on access to the camp area. Remember to bring a copy of your confirmation as the gate code will be on there, and will be required to get into the camp area parking lot. As a back up I am bringing another copy that I will bring along with me in the boat if there are any questions on the water. Also, we will use the main entrance to the 10 lane off of 74. We can all caravan over from Wild Horse for people unfamiliar with the ramp.

Hope this helps, and look forward to seeing you on Saturday
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2020, 03:50 PM »
camp area parking lot?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal