Author Topic: Plez 6/20  (Read 1552 times)

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
Plez 6/20
« on: June 21, 2020, 10:33 AM »
Launched from the 10 lane at 6pm. Headed up into the Agua Fria and looked around for a spot to drop the lights. We settled on a cove entrance past the no wake buoys in 30 FOW. Anchored and dropped lights right as the sun went down. We boated 17 crappie and lost quite a few more, as the bite was sporadic from very aggressive to just a tap. All of the fish we caught were black crappie. Most were hand size, but 3 of them were maybe a pound. I used drop shot minnow rigs 1/8th oz with 2 Aberdeen #4 hooks. Fishman got most of his on a 1/8th oz bare lead jig tipped with a minnow. We fished anywhere from 8 to 15 feet down. All fish were released to grow up. Off the water at 0230
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Plez 6/20
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 10:44 AM »
Nice job guys, we looked for you on our way out not sure if we saw you or not it was tough to tell (we yelled at one boat then thought perhaps not a good idea).
We never got tons of baitfish by the lights.  I mean there were some but not swarms I remember getting striper fishing a few years back.  Did you guys have lots of bait fish?  Do you think the livescope made a difference?

Offline sparkchaser

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 11:07 AM »
We heard you, but by the time we yelled back you had started the big motor and kept going. Didn't get the bait balls were were expecting either. Very few shad, and lots of small minnows. We had used livescope up further on a few spots, but not on this one. It was getting dark, and we had to decide so we liked the looks of this one. Once we got set up I turned the graphs off
SEA.....HAWKS....

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 04:29 PM »
Glad you guys had a safe fun evening, good to see some of the gang at the meeting.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal