Author Topic: Evacuation  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
Evacuation
« on: June 21, 2020, 02:35 PM »
Backed my boat in my boat port at 9:30 this morning after six days of evacuation. My boat was in Payson and we were in Snowflake. We ate twice at Johnny and Dee's Picnic Basket in Lakeside and highly recommend it. Great food, hospitality, and reasonable prices. Introduced Johnny to my Tonto Basin neighbors we were staying with and we all had a great chat! GOOD TO BE HOME!!! ......Happy Fathers Day! .......Art

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Evacuation
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 02:55 PM »
Well glad you are home safely Art and hopefully house and everything is all ok there. Happy Fathers Day.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 04:25 PM »
Glad your home safe Art, Johnny and Dee's is a great place to eat long drive from Snowflake to Pinetop to eat? Hopefully things calm down there in Tonto basin and life can get back to some normalcy.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 07:35 AM »
Good to here Art. Stay safe.

Offline Art Chamberlin

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 10:37 AM »
They back burned the west side of 188 from the dam all the way to 87. The fire jumped the road at Orange Peel to Rock Creek and they let it burn down to the water. There is lots of guard rail to replace! God Bless our fire fighters, they did a hellava job!!! I can launch at Cholla but I think I'm going to take the week off. ....Art

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 04:32 PM »
With all the fire retardant and ash created by the fire I wonder what it is going to look like when we get big rain and the streams and Tonto creek start flowing? Heard there is lots of guard rail to replace on state route 87 also
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Gizmo4041

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2020, 10:31 AM »
Fish kill

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal