Author Topic: Bartlett lake road is closed due to Sears Fire 9/26  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Bartlett lake road is closed due to Sears Fire 9/26
« on: September 26, 2020, 07:17 AM »
News is saying Bartlett lake road is closed and people at the lake will be told to leave. The Sears fire which is north of Cave Creek off of 7 springs road is spreading rapidly.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
Re: Bartlett lake road is closed due to Sears Fire 9/26
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 04:46 PM »
Darn, I was hoping to use up some minnows there tomorrow.  Thanks for the heads up I wouldn't have known.

Offline apenland01

• AZCA Members
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 08:41 PM »
We got to the intersection of Cave Creek and Bartlett Dam Road at 0430 this morning for the Monterey Bass tournament and the sheriff spun us around and said no access to the lake due to fire.  Didn't even know it was a major fire until I could see the glow on the Horizon as soon as I got off 101 at Pima...

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 09:21 PM »
From TNF Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TontoNationalForest

Sears Fire evening update Sept. 30
Bartlett Dam Road and Bartlett Lake Reopen
There was minimal activity on the Sears Fire today as firefighters focused on monitoring and patrolling firelines along the perimeter. The fire remains at 14,476 acres and is now 45 percent contained.
Firefighters continued to patrol and monitor the west perimeter along Seven Springs Road to the Deer Flat drainage near NFSR 1099 and on the east perimeter along Horseshoe Road. Road grading operations has begun on Horseshoe Road to repair impacts from firefighting response vehicles.
Fire crews are in place to monitor and protect critical infrastructure on Humboldt Lookout and are closely monitoring structures in the Camp Creek recreation residences. Lower Camp Creek powerlines have been re-energized. 
With decreased fire activity, resources are being released to respond to other fires in the west. There are approximately 170 response personnel assigned to the incident consisting of engines, hand crews, water tenders and helicopters. Air tankers are available based on priority.
The Sears Fire Closure Order has been modified, and access to Bartlett Dam Road and Bartlett Lake has reopened. Please slow down and watch out for firefighters and equipment that are working in the area. Seven Springs Road (NFSR 24) and Horseshoe Lake Road (NFSR 205) remain closed. The closure also limits access to Maricopa Trail segments from Spur Cross to Granite Mountain on the Bronco Trail. For more information about Maricopa Trails visit https://bit.ly/34bxqD4. The closure order shall remain in effect until further notice and the signed closure order, closure area map and available photos can be viewed and downloaded at https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7218/. Any changes or lifting of the closure order will be posted on Inciweb and to the Tonto National Forest official Facebook page.
Flying a drone near a wildfire is breaking the law and potentially endangers firefighters and interferes with wildland fire aerial suppression operations. Interfering with firefighting operations can result in a significant fine and/or a mandatory court appearance.
Please avoid the area to allow suppression resources to travel safely to and throughout the incident. Updates will be provided as official information becomes available. Visit the Arizona Department of Environmental Quality website for the wildfire smoke forecast at https://bit.ly/3jhP9z5.
Stage 1 fire restrictions are currently in effect across the Tonto National Forest. Visit our website for additional information at: https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/tonto/alerts-notices.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 11:45 AM »
Yup back open it was busy at Pleasant yesterday I think due to Bartlett being closed

SRP is delaying a week till Oct. 12th switching over to the Verde side for water due to the Sears fire etc.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2020, 07:05 AM »
SRP moved up the schedule, they started releasing from the Bartlett side two days ago it is now at 1200+cfs with no water in horseshoe you will be literally able to watch the lake go down during the day :crybaby2:

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 07:22 AM »
Lake has dropped 3+' since Wednesday

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2020, 04:12 PM »
Buddy started to Bartlett today and road was closed due to fatal auto accident don't know when it re-opened

Offline Bob

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 03:54 PM »
That's a first for me on that road.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal