Author Topic: AZCA September 2020 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake  (Read 5121 times)

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
Re: AZCA September 2020 Meeting at Roosevelt Lake
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2020, 03:57 PM »
With the meeting at Cholla if you go up through 87 instead of Globe some good news there was a right lane closure for 13 miles after the Bush fire (I went through several times and it was a nightmare several times on the way to the mts) looks like they are down to just 5 miles of right lane closed for guard rail repairs :dance:
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2020, 06:42 PM »
I will be there at 7am....then going to slay some 3 pound crappie. Like the idea of the early meeting...this way those fishing can fish as long as they like, after all...we are a fishing club.
When in doubt, set the hook!

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2020, 06:44 AM »
Tom menrats and I plan to be there as well, leaving east valley 5:15am headed up 87 route.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2020, 04:38 PM »
Matt you might ck in the morning before you leave, right now state route 87 is closed south bound and north bound is one lane due to semi fire right there near Sunflower been that way for hours was looking at pictures road looks tore up even on the north side make sure ADOT does not close things down northbound due to road damage? Right now everyone south bound is being made to turn onto 188. I may go up in the morning for the meeting but not if the road is all messed up.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 08:44 PM »
Matt you might ck in the morning before you leave, right now state route 87 is closed south bound and north bound is one lane due to semi fire right there near Sunflower been that way for hours was looking at pictures road looks tore up even on the north side make sure ADOT does not close things down northbound due to road damage? Right now everyone south bound is being made to turn onto 188. I may go up in the morning for the meeting but not if the road is all messed up.
Actually we changed our route to Globe as I'm picking up Tom menrats at Florence Junction.

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2020, 04:20 PM »
Pleased to report...Roosevelt lake does indeed still have Crappie.

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2020, 04:53 PM »
Tom menrats also caught one a blacknose.  Was tough fishing out there for crappie, but the bass and bluegill were biting.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2020, 05:42 PM »
Matt hard to tell in the pic are the BN crappie growing as fast as they are at Bartlett?

Offline FishMan

• Administrator
  • Toot-Toot
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2020, 09:50 PM »
I would of like 0.06 pounds slower.

Tom

Offline OneBlade

• Administrator
  • San Carlos Crappie
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2020, 08:09 AM »
Matt hard to tell in the pic are the BN crappie growing as fast as they are at Bartlett?
Well I don't know if Fishman also was catching blacknose - his 4 were also all under 1lb.  I forget the timeframe when the Roosy ones were stocked vs Bartlett but I think we all agree those Bartlett ones sure seemed to grow up fast.  Maybe they just grow up to that size in first year and then things level out they then grow at more normal rate.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal