Author Topic: Minnows  (Read 5522 times)

Offline old sparky

Minnows
« on: March 13, 2011, 10:24 AM »
Hello, this is my first post
I am heading up to Roosevelt monday morning. Should I get minnows along the way. Or take them with me?
I see the post below where someone sells them by greenfield. But I would need to get them today and wondered if I should just pick them up in globe, aj, wheatfield or? I havnt fished for crappie in about 15 years and have 2" grubs of all colors and figured I may as well have some minnows to tip them with.
thanks

Offline Fish Hawk

• AZCA Members
Re: Minnows
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 11:56 AM »
Killmor's or MS Marine will have minnows, good luck

Offline sandman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 03:17 PM »
Kilmers minnows were $3.49/dz. Not sure what makes them worth 10ยข more a piece than everybody else.

I usually buy mine at Liars Korner.

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:26 PM »
I know you're up there now or probably just finishing, but it depends on where you're coming from I guess. I take the B-line up to Rosey so a lot of these places everyone talks about doesn't work so well for me. lol

I just stopped in town at Fisherman's Choice (West Valley) that way it guaranteed that I had minnows before I got up there. I've also stopped at a little shop just before you get to the lake. I can't remember the store name but it's next to the large restaurant on the left side of the road (if you're heading to the lake).
Hope you found some minnows and had a good trip!

Offline TOM N

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:51 PM »
I usally buy mine at liar's corner also but didn't make it befor they closed yesterday so I went to kilmer's this morning and the price is exactly the same when you buy 5 doz you get the 6th free and my bucket had twice the minnows in it as i normally get at liar's corner sorry to say!

Offline sandman

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 04:49 AM »
Guess I never noticed the price at Liars Corner since I usually buy other stuff at the same time. I noticed that the gas station at Butchers Hook was $2.25/doz.

Offline Fishless

• AZCA Members
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 06:35 AM »
if your coming in from 87 (beeline) jakes corner has minnows for $2.50 a doz and normally nice sized ones, I like getting them there as if you get into tonto basin the tackle box and butcher hook can be busy
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." John Bernard Books

Offline PhishingPhreek

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 10:19 AM »
I usually get more when I go to Butcher's Hook (I guess that's the at the restaurant near Roosevelt) but I always get really big ones at Fisherman's Choice. They're good with the numbers too. I ordered 2 Doz the other day and probably had just over 3 doz.

I wouldn't mind "Farming" my own minnows. That kind of sounds like fun. Anyone know how to start this? I've had tons of fish tanks growing up, but imagine this would be slightly different.

Offline old sparky

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2011, 06:50 AM »
I ended up picking some up in mesa around Greenfield since I was taking off early and the places I called didn't open early enough. We fished only for crappie Monday east of schoolhouse (got skunked) had some intermittent ignition switch problems so we stayed close to tonto end. We couldn't catch any crappie we fished bass and had a good time and caught some nice ones. thanks for the help

Offline menrats

• AZCA Members
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 07:30 AM »
kilmers, dont forget the little tackle and boat repair across fron spring creek store has em too.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal